2023 Yukon 3.0 Duramax Denali XL Order Timeline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LANCISTUL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We were originally told 2-3 allocations a month, but when I went in the other day they said they just aren’t getting allocations for Denalis. It was two different guys than we had been working with previously, so not sure if they just didn’t want to deal with us or were being more truthful than the other guys we ordered through.

We don’t mind waiting - we can fit everyone in the car we have, currently, and understand that it’s a weird time to buy a car. But, I also thought it was odd to go backwards on the list, which has us second guessing our dealer choice. When I asked how, they just shrugged their shoulders.
Bruh... thats giving me vibes of the dealership in Idaho, no communication, not knowing anything, blaming it on GM, stringingme along... blah blah...
According to the dealership I'm getting mine built, everything is on par with the expectations he told me: about 12 weeks until they build it.
I really don't care I have to go pick it up in the middle of the country, it's a good excuse for.... ROADTRIP! 12 weeks is better than NEVER... I need it too. Wish I'd gone with them from the start, but didn't know.
If I was you I'd call GMC customer service, and ask to talk to a marketing supervisor bc you're getting screwed by your dealer right now, and you want to ask them to point you to the highest volume dealership that's close to you (but not necessarily), so you can get your car in a timely manner... I despise seeing ppl in the waiting game for many months, instead of being happy their new baby car is coming soon Wish I'd done that from the beginning, cos they know who has high volume - thus get a shit ton of allocations.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were originally told 2-3 allocations a month, but when I went in the other day they said they just aren’t getting allocations for Denalis. It was two different guys than we had been working with previously, so not sure if they just didn’t want to deal with us or were being more truthful than the other guys we ordered through.

We don’t mind waiting - we can fit everyone in the car we have, currently, and understand that it’s a weird time to buy a car. But, I also thought it was odd to go backwards on the list, which has us second guessing our dealer choice. When I asked how, they just shrugged their shoulders.
You mentioned you're in the PNW - have you checked out Beaverton GMC in Oregon? They by far get the most GMC inventory out of any dealership in the PNW. Right now they have 6 Yukon XLs w/ the Duramax on their site. They might already be spoken for, but it also might be worth giving them a call.

LANCISTUL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, very cool info, exactly what i was looing for.
Mind if i put mine in here too? That way multiple car under same post, i'll just edit to update.

Build Details:
2023 Yukon XL
Drive Type: 4WD
Trim: Denali
Engine: 3.0L Duramax Turbo Diesel
Color: Onyx Black
Interior Color: Jet Black
Packages: Max Trailering Package (forced by AARS below wich I really want)
Exterior Options: Adaptive Air Ride Suspension, 22" 6-spoke Carbon Flash Metallic
Interior Options: Power-release second row 60/40 split-folding bench seat, Adaptive Cruise Control

Timeline:
12-19-2022: Order and deposit placed with the dealership
4-3-2023: Order officialy accepted by GM (1st email from GM )
4-17-2023: Order accepted by production control ( TPW- wich is 4/24 - was on schedule, no delays)
5-1-2023: Status 4200, Already built and shipped, it's on the train. Sales guys said it's moving WAY faster, probably next week or so.

First are the wheels i have coming 20''s with winter tires ( i'm up north-west)
Love this old Men in Black -ish look,
hash-710095403130930696ed35b3d925047c-png.png
hash-a43a11120ad13d4d4e3ab62e3d33afa0-jpg.jpg

Exwrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here, good stuff on placing orders, I have been trying to get an answer of ordering a 2023 Denali with 3.0 and reserve package WITHOUT rear media system, absolutely no use for it, if it was a couple hundred bucks id say ok, but 2k..no way. I see so far it cant be done. My dealer is going to discuss with order rep and I am hoping to get an answer next week. Any one actually have any success deleting that item from that package? thanks

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here, good stuff on placing orders, I have been trying to get an answer of ordering a 2023 Denali with 3.0 and reserve package WITHOUT rear media system, absolutely no use for it, if it was a couple hundred bucks id say ok, but 2k..no way. I see so far it cant be done. My dealer is going to discuss with order rep and I am hoping to get an answer next week. Any one actually have any success deleting that item from that package? thanks
Can’t be done. The packages are what they are and if you don’t want an option that’s within a package your only option is to remove the package.

Also, I’m not 100% on this, but from what I’ve heard the 2023 build slots are all full. At best you’ll get an early ‘24 allocation which is slated to start building early November.

Exwrench

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can’t be done. The packages are what they are and if you don’t want an option that’s within a package your only option is to remove the package.

Also, I’m not 100% on this, but from what I’ve heard the 2023 build slots are all full. At best you’ll get an early ‘24 allocation which is slated to start building early November.
Thanks for that info. In the mean time at least we'll be cruising in our 2016 Denali with a new engine until the new one gets built.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As @StephenPT noted, you cannot break apart the package, so no Reserve Package or Advanced Tech Package for Denali without RSE (I also tried and asked).

It wasn't that way in 2021/2022 - this is new for 2023. For those of us who have been on this journey for a while now, remember how we would get those constraint lists and RSE was consistently on it? I wonder if GM was like, "Crap! Parts shortage! When you find those screens, order 9 million of them!" And then they realized, "Crap! No one's ordering RSE ... let's force it into the package and *MAKE* them buy it."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny