Picked up a z71...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
Wife and I decided to trade our 18 z71 midnight in for a 21 z71. Its ride so much smoother, interior noise is a lot quieter and good lord, the interior space feel massive now! I am first to admit, when the tahoe was press released, I never thought I buy another one. Seeing it in person, its impressive and just beefy, esp the z71! Still not sold on the rear end design or massive interior screen, but rather hate those, then anymore negative equity, with the 18 being the "old" body style now. I was able to use our supplier pricing, after calling a few dealers, so that was nice!

20200716_183326.jpg 20200720_143000.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First: Welcome to the forum from Oregon and a very nice looking Z71 you have there. Please post more pics, especially the inside.

Second:

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Bryan!

Excellent choice! Have not seen a 2021 Tahoe or Yukon on the road yet in Miami-Dade or Broward County.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome truck! - appreciate the pics. What size tires did it come with?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I do like the looks of the nose/front end on that compared to the 2020. That would look menacing in a rear view mirror. At least to a 67 year old man like me.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the front end, rear looks like a Buick threw up.

Timers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow that front body seam changes the reflection so much it almost looks like the top area/hood is a matte.

Congrats! Looks awesome!

edit bc dang shoot those red Tow Hooks look awesome too :headbang:

.... hey....
..... give me your car.... switch me it... cmon

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions, and provide this Forum with lots of information regarding your experiences with this new truck. It will add brand new knowledge to our shared knowledge base.

OP
OP
B

BNK_ACCT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great responses. I joined this forum awhile back with my 18 z71, but I would like to try and be a bit more active now, since I plan to mod this, as much as aftermarket allows. I have to agree, the rear end is not the greatest,but the front end sold me ,esp in the color black. Another thing I love on the new z71 is the fact that it no longer has the chrome trim around the windows, one less thing I have to do. Getting it all tinted up today, and hopefully smoking the front BRIGHT orange reflectors. I will keep ya guys updated and answer anything I can. Put 500 miles on it already and its amazing. The 10speed trans shifts amazing, but this shifter is just akward, haha. I had the chance to get a FULLY loaded 2020 expedition through work for only 47k and I still chose the tahoe, its just sexier!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9