Picked up a 2015i Denali from Laura. My impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the wheels. My favorite part. Plus from Laura (on the 2015s - not sure on i's) they only cost around $430 extra!

I picked up a 2015i Yukon Denali from Laura yesterday and drove it 650 miles back home. I can't speak highly enough about those guys, they were wonderful to work with. Talk to Brandon Treat and tell him Barrett sent you!

I apologize if I compare it to my two previous vehicles (07 BMW 335i, 08 Tahoe Z71) but here we go. The only options that I got were the sunroof and 22 inch wheels

1. I absolutely love 22 inch wheels, I am very glad I ended up getting them.

2. I find the interior and leather to be top notch - comparable to BMW.

3. 8 speed transmission feels great. The car felt like it had tons of power and never felt sluggish.

4. My biggest gripe is the infotainment system. I much prefer the BMW iDrive system over the touch screen. I hate how you have to scroll through your favorites, 5 at a time. Being able to send destinations to your car from the Onstar app helps with the navigation aspect.

5. I love the dash with the computer screen for your gauges.

6. I read that you can open the rear tailgate by swiping your leg under the rear of the car. I couldn't figure out how to get this to work. (New feature on 2015i)

7. The car drives much like a german vehicle rather than GM's that I have driven in the past. The steering feels tight and you feel like you have great command over the vehicle. Much more so than my Tahoe Z71. The turning radius also felt like it was a lot better.

8. I much prefer the BMW cruise control system where there is a lever. It is a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the steering wheel buttons. I also felt like I had a hard time figuring out which button my finger was on unless I looked down. I feel like they could have done a better job there.

Anyway those are some random thoughts. Love the car and very glad I bought it from Laura!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great review but lacking pics :okay2:

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to get my hands on one... Currently in a 2014 Range Rover Sport--my comparison/experience will likely be comparable to yours.

jloutz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm excited to get my hands on one... Currently in a 2014 Range Rover Sport--my comparison/experience will likely be comparable to yours.

I really like the new Range Rover Sport, looking forward to this comp.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know if you swipe UP on the screen you'll get like 10+ presets of whatever you want? No need to use just 5 at a time that way. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts