Picked up this dope android head unit for my burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrybalRage

Reaction score
I installed the same type of unit, probably made by the same factory in china but under a different brand on Amazon. I had a few issues installing - the plugs didn't actually match the factory wiring, and their support said 'just force them together' lol. I did, but got a terrible electronic noise through the speakers until I switched some of the plugs up, now it's great. Also, the back up camera they provided did not work at all - I am using the stock camera but I wanted to see if theirs had a better picture. Also it does not work with the rear seat entertainment, they offered to send some sort of adapter but I didn't want to deal with them anymore.

Since I got the kinks worked out, I've been using it for the past 4 months or so. Great sound, the carplay is a bit finicky to connect sometimes but hell so is my wife's '22 Jeep. I just unplug and replug the USB a few times and it will usually start working.

Macks2DrTahoe

Reaction score
My experience with those inexpensive (not cheap) android head units (HU) you get on Amazon has been great. About 4 years ago I stuffed a $98, 9 inch touch screen android HU I got on Amazon in my 02 Silverado. The HU drives four door speakers and has NAV, WiFi, BT, CarPlay, and backup camera. I added a RCA connected pioneer amp and 12 inch sub under the back seat. I have about 700 songs on a flash drive that I play through the HU using BlackPlayer music app. I haven't had any issues on it so far, Knock on wood (1960s slang).

Macks2DrTahoe

Reaction score
I have to add...since my android HU has no moving parts it should last (like an old tablet computer). Heat is the biggest killer of a well built android computer. I live in the midwest so no extreme temperatures (knock on wood again).

Xafnyx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm also curious as to how this turned out. I just bought an 07 yukon denali and the factory hu is killing me slowly. I found this dealy on ebay and just don't know if it works with the factory nav/bose unit.

Xafnyx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking I can pick up that unit and get all the corrisponding harness adapters (I.e. The rear entertainment, backup cam, swc, I don't use on* and don't forsee ever using it... Any other I need?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo