Picked up a 2015i Denali from Laura. My impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2015i Yukon Denali from Laura yesterday and drove it 650 miles back home. I can't speak highly enough about those guys, they were wonderful to work with. Talk to Brandon Treat and tell him Barrett sent you!

I apologize if I compare it to my two previous vehicles (07 BMW 335i, 08 Tahoe Z71) but here we go. The only options that I got were the sunroof and 22 inch wheels

1. I absolutely love 22 inch wheels, I am very glad I ended up getting them.

2. I find the interior and leather to be top notch - comparable to BMW.

3. 8 speed transmission feels great. The car felt like it had tons of power and never felt sluggish.

4. My biggest gripe is the infotainment system. I much prefer the BMW iDrive system over the touch screen. I hate how you have to scroll through your favorites, 5 at a time. Being able to send destinations to your car from the Onstar app helps with the navigation aspect.

5. I love the dash with the computer screen for your gauges.

6. I read that you can open the rear tailgate by swiping your leg under the rear of the car. I couldn't figure out how to get this to work. (New feature on 2015i)

7. The car drives much like a german vehicle rather than GM's that I have driven in the past. The steering feels tight and you feel like you have great command over the vehicle. Much more so than my Tahoe Z71. The turning radius also felt like it was a lot better.

8. I much prefer the BMW cruise control system where there is a lever. It is a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the steering wheel buttons. I also felt like I had a hard time figuring out which button my finger was on unless I looked down. I feel like they could have done a better job there.

Anyway those are some random thoughts. Love the car and very glad I bought it from Laura!

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats, they are coming in waves!

For the tail gate, do not swipe your foot. Kick under the licence plate once. You need the key within 3' for it to work.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the review.

My wife test drove a 2013 Yukon XL SLT today w/ 50k miles. Said it handled like crap. Then she got in a 2015 Tahoe LTZ w/ 8k miles and drove that. Said she only wants a 2015 now. I'm a little depressed about spending $60K on a car, but happy wife = happy life?!?

Real tempted to go buy a regular Denali for around $60K at Laura. Is all their inventory 2015i or do they have 2015 still?

OP
OP
R

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for the review.

My wife test drove a 2013 Yukon XL SLT today w/ 50k miles. Said it handled like crap. Then she got in a 2015 Tahoe LTZ w/ 8k miles and drove that. Said she only wants a 2015 now. I'm a little depressed about spending $60K on a car, but happy wife = happy life?!?

Real tempted to go buy a regular Denali for around $60K at Laura. Is all their inventory 2015i or do they have 2015 still?

You can check their inventory on their website. I know they have several 2015i's.

I struggled with the price as well, which is why I didn't get the premium or open road package! I could have saved even more money if I had been patient enough to order a 2WD version from them.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! So on your drive home you had to at least fill up once. What kinda mileage did you get? Just curious to see how much of an improvement it is over the 6 speed.

OP
OP
R

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The highway mileage was right around 21.

They recommend putting premium in it too.... ugh

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks much for the review!
Regarding number 4, I will hate having to scroll though screens also, favorite items should be immediately available to you. Kinda takes your attention away from driving.

Hoping to pick mine up next week!

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I'm getting mine tomorrow.

No cabin noise at low speed that hurts your ears like others here reported?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz