Traded my Accord for a Tahoe! *fingers-crossed*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So as much as I loved my Honda Accord, I felt small on the road, especially in Mississippi where there are so many trucks. I've been having the itch for a while and I finally traded in for a Brand-new-to-me 2020 Tahoe with 78,000 miles on it. Yay!!! I love it, although I've heard there are some reliability issues, I guess we'll find out. So far I really love the truck and the v8 feels AMAZING! Such a beautiful vehicle. Not sure what mods to get, if any, but I will probably tune out the AFM. Any suggestions are welcomed. Anyways, just putting positive energy out there, glad to be joining the club.

Attachments

• tahoe1.jpg
    tahoe1.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 7
  • tahoe2.jpg
    tahoe2.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 6
  • tahoe3.jpg
    tahoe3.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 7

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So as much as I loved my Honda Accord, I felt small on the road, especially in Mississippi where there are so many trucks. I've been having the itch for a while and I finally traded in for a Brand-new-to-me 2020 Tahoe with 78,000 miles on it. Yay!!! I love it, although I've heard there are some reliability issues, I guess we'll find out. So far I really love the truck and the v8 feels AMAZING! Such a beautiful vehicle. Not sure what mods to get, if any, but I will probably tune out the AFM. Any suggestions are welcomed. Anyways, just putting positive energy out there, glad to be joining the club.
2020 is the last best year, you'll be fine

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

Just what Doubleleive said 2020 is the best year to get. If I were looking for a Tahoe/Suburban now 2020 would be it. Some 2015-2018 had issues. Not all but some of them. By 2019-2020 you were good to go.

You got the perfect color IMHO.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd look for maintenance records, if none I'd change the trans filter and fluid, check brake pads, air and cabin filters. AFM disable would be a real good idea, getting some tuning done on the transmission and torque converter lockup would be good if you can get that in your area.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Florida! Big truck equals SAFETY. It's nice to see way out ahead of you now right?

Run the severe service schedule from now on, assume nothing has been done. If you have the 6-speed, change the transmission's thermostat to the new lower temp unit. Otherwise, those things are burnt up by about 100K miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts