Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont mind taping. i love spraying. it's bodywork that is monotonous which is coming soon as well. if you take your time and prep almost anything correctly the finish will adhere. i was refunded my $60. so i may just wait until a grey one pops up or buy the NNBS that Tony posted. I have dyed entire interiors before and sprayed complete cars. I was just frustrated i bought the wrong one. But now i got my money back so i am back to normal. :) but now everytime i get in my truck im like, man this shifter doesnt even look right! haha

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i dont mind taping. i love spraying. it's bodywork that is monotonous which is coming soon as well. if you take your time and prep almost anything correctly the finish will adhere. i was refunded my $60. so i may just wait until a grey one pops up or buy the NNBS that Tony posted. I have dyed entire interiors before and sprayed complete cars. I was just frustrated i bought the wrong one. But now i got my money back so i am back to normal. :) but now everytime i get in my truck im like, man this shifter doesnt even look right! haha
I've een wanting one for awhile. Actually the one Chase bought was posted on here. I was going to buy it, but hesitated, that's when Chase grabbed it. He who hesitates, loses! Lol
The nnbs shifter feels much nicer to me. Damn, I forget what his name is now, but Red bought one and had to splice a wire or two to make it work. I forgot how he did it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commitment & Motivation

There's no turning back now, haha.

If you've been following my thread you know my goal was to paint this Denali from the get-go. I was mocking up paint jobs before i even bought it. After a ton of research this is going to be about the best compressor that runs on 120v with enough CFM to spray. So i picked it up this weekend. It is really right on the edge of being enough so it should be a fun challenge. But it's a budget build and i am going to spray it without a doubt.

I actually went to the Auto Paint store today and got some quotes on custom mixes and how much i need to prep, spray and clear etc..
I hope to buy the Guns i need (which are also very specific based on my CFM) within a week or two. The cool thing is i can start scuffing and prepping pretty much Now. This isn't a $40,000 vehicle and i have painted before, so i am confident and don't have any anxiety about tackling the job.

d242.jpg

Let the agonizing monotonous fun begin

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Commitment & Motivation

There's no turning back now, haha.

If you've been following my thread you know my goal was to paint this Denali from the get-go. I was mocking up paint jobs before i even bought it. After a ton of research this is going to be about the best compressor that runs on 120v with enough CFM to spray. So i picked it up this weekend. It is really right on the edge of being enough so it should be a fun challenge. But it's a budget build and i am going to spray it without a doubt.

I actually went to the Auto Paint store today and got some quotes on custom mixes and how much i need to prep, spray and clear etc..
I hope to buy the Guns i need (which are also very specific based on my CFM) within a week or two. The cool thing is i can start scuffing and prepping pretty much Now. This isn't a $40,000 vehicle and i have painted before, so i am confident and don't have any anxiety about tackling the job.

d242.jpg

Let the agonizing monotonous fun begin
Good luck. I used to be a mobile painter, painted bumper covers. You should be fine.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Me too, lol. This damn forum is a black whole!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've een wanting one for awhile. Actually the one Chase bought was posted on here. I was going to buy it, but hesitated, that's when Chase grabbed it. He who hesitates, loses! Lol
The nnbs shifter feels much nicer to me. Damn, I forget what his name is now, but Red bought one and had to splice a wire or two to make it work. I forgot how he did it.

I seem to remember that it was 2 wires that are reversed, but I'm not sure at all. Here's my question... I've seen them marked specifically for a 6 speed... Does it matter? Obviously we know guys that have them on a 4l60...what's the difference, if any? @Galante got me on this "use the +/- button for my TC switch" kick, and now here I am, thinking it through.... Dammit.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am missing so many of these clips on my plastics. Got a bag of 100 for only $3. That should tighten up all my loose ends.

d243.jpg

Hey Tony, look what i saw at Home Depot today. haha, these are the Chip Foose Spank 6 you saw on craigslist. Different style wheel than mine. I like my Foose Nitrous 6 a lot more but it was just funny to see these out n about in my city.

d244.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
i am missing so many of these clips on my plastics. Got a bag of 100 for only $3. That should tighten up all my loose ends.

d243.jpg

Hey Tony, look what i saw at Home Depot today. haha, these are the Chip Foose Spank 6 you saw on craigslist. Different style wheel than mine. I like my Foose Nitrous 6 a lot more but it was just funny to see these out n about in my city.

d244.jpg
Funny how you never notice things until you have it. Then it seems it's more popular then you thought! Good price on the clips. Where' you find them? Ebay?