P2138 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jkern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 14 Yukon slt. I’ve been getting p2138 code. I’ve changed the pedal and the throttle position sensor. It was good for about 6 weeks then it’s come back. Has anyone found a remedy for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 14 Yukon slt. I’ve been getting p2138 code. I’ve changed the pedal and the throttle position sensor. It was good for about 6 weeks then it’s come back. Has anyone found a remedy for this?
Does it go into limp mode when this happens? Was the TPS installed properly and reset? The throttle plate should be in the wipe open position when it is installed. Unless you replaced the while TB assembly.

I went through this a few months ago. Replaced both sensors. Still kept doing it. I got desperate and started checking the plug connector on the TPS and saw the wires coming out of the harness loom were different colors than further down the harness. When I pulled the wire loom off I found a spliced section. Somebody spliced in a new plug and the connection was going to sht. I respliced it with new solder joints and it's been fine ever since.

Sill took me a a few months to get rid of the anxiety of driving it and being reliable, but that apparently fixed it in my situation.

OP
OP
J

Jkern

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it go into limp mode when this happens? Was the TPS installed properly and reset? The throttle plate should be in the wipe open position when it is installed. Unless you replaced the while TB assembly.

I went through this a few months ago. Replaced both sensors. Still kept doing it. I got desperate and started checking the plug connector on the TPS and saw the wires coming out of the harness loom were different colors than further down the harness. When I pulled the wire loom off I found a spliced section. Somebody spliced in a new plug and the connection was going to sht. I respliced it with new solder joints and it's been fine ever since.

Sill took me a a few months to get rid of the anxiety of driving it and being reliable, but that apparently fixed it in my situation.
Yes is goes into limp mode. I went through the relearn process that the instructions said. Basically what it sounds like is I need to change the harness. When i bought the truck they had detailed the engine and there were water spots under that cover over the throttle body

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts