Pedal Commander - Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that tied into the obd port full time?
I was looking at the website. There’s no explanation, but the what’s in the box photo shows an OBD cable.

The Pedal Monster does plug into the OBD port which is where it gets its power from and is one of the reasons the Pedal Commander fails occasionally since its pulling power from the pedal circuit itself. Using the OBD connector allows it to utilize info from the computer to adjust the response to make it smoother, allegedly. I originally didn't like the idea of using the OBD port but then realized when needing to take it to the dealer or get it inspected (NY state) all I do is unplug it from the port, tuck it up underneath, and its back to stock pedal response.

The app is really nice and fun to play around with when you first get it, but its handy if/when you want to change the profile on the fly as long as you take your foot off the throttle.

I purchased it from autoanything.com using a coupon to knock off $60.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pedal Monster does plug into the OBD port which is where it gets its power from and is one of the reasons the Pedal Commander fails occasionally since its pulling power from the pedal circuit itself. Using the OBD connector allows it to utilize info from the computer to adjust the response to make it smoother, allegedly. I originally didn't like the idea of using the OBD port but then realized when needing to take it to the dealer or get it inspected (NY state) all I do is unplug it from the port, tuck it up underneath, and its back to stock pedal response.

The app is really nice and fun to play around with when you first get it, but its handy if/when you want to change the profile on the fly as long as you take your foot off the throttle.

I already use the OBD for aRange device in both of mine. Thecopcar already has a splitter cable to also run a Scangauge.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already use the OBD for aRange device in both of mine. Thecopcar already has a splitter cable to also run a Scangauge.
Ah. Well that's a limiting factor for you then for sure. Was going to say you could get a splitter since that's what I was thinking of getting for mine if I needed the OBD for something else full time.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a Pedal Commander on my 2015 RAM. It for sure did not help with gas mileage, but did for sure get the truck reacting to the pedal much faster!

**I will warn the folks buying off AMAZON.** If you buy off AMAZON Pedal Commander will not honor the warranty if you have a problem!! The warranty is also not transferrable to to another owner, so if you buy a used one, the warranty won't transfer. Lastly in order for Pedal Commander to honor a warranty it must be purchased from an authorized Pedal Commander dealer / retailer.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I went to Banks website and checked out the Pedal Monster. I liked my PC but I may be sold on the Pedal Monster. I did go to limp mode a couple of times in my 2015 RAM when I tried to change the settings on the fly while I was moving. I think my foot was touching gas pedal or in I was in cruise control when it happened. The Banks website says that the PC had issues mainly with MOPAR products with the 5 volt charge in the pedal wiring. Curious how often people have issues with a GM. What I don't like on the Pedal Monster is that there is not a way to change the settings on the device unless you get the supergauge with it, otherwise just through the phone app. My PC allowed to change settings on the device or through the app on phone. I think the PC has a couple more sensitivity levels with 9 each for Eco, City, Sport, Sport +.

Can you change the settings while you are moving? Do you have to be stopped? Foot off gas and cruise control off?

imfrogman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a Pedal Commander on my 2015 RAM. It for sure did not help with gas mileage, but did for sure get the truck reacting to the pedal much faster!

**I will warn the folks buying off AMAZON.** If you buy off AMAZON Pedal Commander will not honor the warranty if you have a problem!! The warranty is also not transferrable to to another owner, so if you buy a used one, the warranty won't transfer. Lastly in order for Pedal Commander to honor a warranty it must be purchased from an authorized Pedal Commander dealer / retailer.
Not true, it is actually pedal Commander that is selling them on Amazon and they will 100% honor the warranty

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, it is actually pedal Commander that is selling them on Amazon and they will 100% honor the warranty

That must have changed then. That was not the case when I got one for a previous vehicle. PC representatives specifically stated that the product had to be purchased from an authorized retailer to honor the warranty.

vwfast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to Banks website and checked out the Pedal Monster. I liked my PC but I may be sold on the Pedal Monster. I did go to limp mode a couple of times in my 2015 RAM when I tried to change the settings on the fly while I was moving. I think my foot was touching gas pedal or in I was in cruise control when it happened. The Banks website says that the PC had issues mainly with MOPAR products with the 5 volt charge in the pedal wiring. Curious how often people have issues with a GM. What I don't like on the Pedal Monster is that there is not a way to change the settings on the device unless you get the supergauge with it, otherwise just through the phone app. My PC allowed to change settings on the device or through the app on phone. I think the PC has a couple more sensitivity levels with 9 each for Eco, City, Sport, Sport +.

Can you change the settings while you are moving? Do you have to be stopped? Foot off gas and cruise control off?

I was wondering the same thing about anyone's experience with PC who has a GM too. I didn't see anyone here talking about any issues with it so that's something. Since I couldn't find any real data though I didn't want to chance it going into limp mode while anyone but me was driving.

As far as changing settings, you only have to have your foot off the throttle. You don't have to be stopped and it'll tell you and show you on the app if the throttle is active and won't let you make changes if it is. When I first installed it I was dorking around with it all the time until I dialed it in and also just because it was something new and fun to play around with. Couldn't tell you the last time I needed to change the setting but that's just me. Personally, I like it being tucked up out of the way and hidden which is one of the other reasons I ended up with it. Although, I've seen others who have the PC mounted in some pretty decent spots so they can monkey around with it easily, but that's just not my thing.

As you and others have mentioned PC and Pedal Monster definitely make these beasts come alive! :D

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an updated discount code for one of these? I am military and I have GovX, but I swear I got $50 off and free shipping on another vehicle about 6 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts