Passlock Security system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 01 tahoe wouldnt start earlier today. Would act like it started but would due immediatly. It eventually started. The security light was on and the buzzer is not working when i turn on thekey. The the truck is starting. And the security light went out. Still no buzzer. Can anyone shed some light o. This subject or has anyone had this happen ti them?

YukonVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Man,

I know this thread is old, but I just came back from doing my plugs, rotors and pads and a little car audio system building with my buddy. We no ****, just encountered this TODAY. He d/c the neg. terminal on the battery, we took off the driver door panel, disconnected all the door controls and put almost everything back together and reconnected the neg terminal. WE then received a Crank, no start condition. Same as you, we had the SRS, ABS, No guage sweep, radio display kept on.

TL;DR - it ended up being the neg. terminal. It had a dirty or bad connection, and we had to give it a little cleaning/scrubbing and now everything is back to normal. These trucks are sensitive to electrical stuff if you haven't guessed already. Mine is a 2003 Yukon SLT, 342, 2xxx mi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011