Passenger side view mirror quit folding in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One day my passenger side view mirror wasn't turning as smoothly as my driver side mirror. I even went to the dealer and they told me it was physically broken by ME and NOT a defect. Now how the hell am i gonna break JUST the inside of my mirror when I never dis-assembled it and there is no physical damage to the mirror itself? (which by the way is in mint condish). I pretty much brushed it off since it still worked.. but I could just tell the motor inside wasn't smoothly rotating the gears to fold the mirror in.

THEN some time last week I tried to fold them in and it 100% just quit working! I used to always fold in my mirrors in parking spots and at the bank and stuff but can't do that anymore... sucks.. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix?

OklabyGodhoma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your stealership screwed you. Go back and scream at them to replace point out that you told them about it before it stopped working (even if you are out of warranty) and if they persist demand that GM be contacted in your presence.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with that...and demand for an Esky mirror. ;)

the downlow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the acuator inside goes bad in these failry often. Ecpecially if used alot like you describe. Ive done a couple at work and you cant buy the internals seperatly. Sadly the only option is to replace the whole mirror. and of course they are high. i would deff try to ***** at your dealer enough first. The mirror will not come painted either so you will have to either transfer your original cover or have it PTM. Same situation with the chrome cover i dont think it comes wiht it. all the ones ive done have been LTs.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the acuator inside goes bad in these failry often. Ecpecially if used alot like you describe. Ive done a couple at work and you cant buy the internals seperatly. Sadly the only option is to replace the whole mirror. and of course they are high. i would deff try to ***** at your dealer enough first. The mirror will not come painted either so you will have to either transfer your original cover or have it PTM. Same situation with the chrome cover i dont think it comes wiht it. all the ones ive done have been LTs.

To add to my frustration, I got my mirrors FULLY painted white top to bottom. That mean's I have to get the whole mirror painted again and buy a new one... sucks.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I agree with that...and demand for an Esky mirror. ;)

Yea i'm gonna talk to em and get them to call GM. If they still don't do anything about it then i'm gonna have to start eBaying for some esky mirrors! 09+ that is... the kind u got! :)

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Your stealership screwed you. Go back and scream at them to replace point out that you told them about it before it stopped working (even if you are out of warranty) and if they persist demand that GM be contacted in your presence.

Good idea. When I get back in town Tuesday i'm gonna give them a call. The guy that helped me last time I was at the dealership was a real ***** too.. maybe I can talk to someone else. And my cars at 33k.. 3k miles left before warranty runs out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayukon