Passenger front window not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK my passenger side window doesn’t seem to work. I know the motor is good because I’m able to move it up and down when I bypassed from the battery to the motor directly. I don’t know if there’s a fuse for the passenger front side switch or where to find it none of the fuse panel say anything that indicates that for sure. Pretty much when I try to roll it down it only clicks. I’m not sure if I need a new window switch or not but some help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a known issue that the switches are susceptible to moisture ingress. Things like going to a drive thru in the rain, getting water on the switch, cause problems.

Most commonly, it's the driver's side switch. Pop it out, clean contacts as needed.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the passenger window work from drivers side switch? check for power to the inoperative switch, up and down.
No the driver side switch won’t get it to move either, this all happened because I hit a wire where ya feet go when pressing the ebrake…I have fixed the wire and don’t see any broken wires down there so I’m lost

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a known issue that the switches are susceptible to moisture ingress. Things like going to a drive thru in the rain, getting water on the switch, cause problems.

Most commonly, it's the driver's side switch. Pop it out, clean contacts as needed.
I thought that too, I used a replacement switch before and that didn’t do anything. Only switch I didn’t try yet is the passenger side itself but I wanna get more views before I order one

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switch signals relays- test signal out of switch to relays- all 3.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that too, I used a replacement switch before and that didn’t do anything. Only switch I didn’t try yet is the driver side itself but I wanna get more views before I order one
Passenger side switch I
Switch signals relays- test signal out of switch to relays- all 3.
care to elaborate a little more? Like where to find them

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mistake- was the door lock relays I had in my mind. Maybe this will help some.
1626544180700.png

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu