Passenger front and rear windows wont go up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so i was working on changing the sway bar links today and when i work on the car i always keep the windows down. so when i get done i roll up the windows except the passenger front and rear wont go back up. they click but they wont go up. the driver side front and rear works fine, i tried checking the fuses but i don't see any that blatantly says windows so i don't know where to look there. i tried slamming the doors and pulling the passenger rear up but that wont go up either. i see tahoes everywhere but nobody wants to let me borrow theirs for 5 mins to put my windows up. i suspect its the switch but im really not sure, any other opinions out there? im going have a hard time sleeping with my windows down for tonight

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK so i was working on changing the sway bar links today and when i work on the car i always keep the windows down. so when i get done i roll up the windows except the passenger front and rear wont go back up. they click but they wont go up. the driver side front and rear works fine, i tried checking the fuses but i don't see any that blatantly says windows so i don't know where to look there. i tried slamming the doors and pulling the passenger rear up but that wont go up either. i see tahoes everywhere but nobody wants to let me borrow theirs for 5 mins to put my windows up. i suspect its the switch but im really not sure, any other opinions out there? im going have a hard time sleeping with my windows down for tonight
Circuit/System Testing
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the appropriate driver or passenger window motor.
2. Connect a test lamp between the control circuit terminal A and control circuit terminal B.
3. Ignition ON, command the window UP and DOWN by using the door lock/window switch. The test lamp
should turn ON when commanding the UP and DOWN states.
 If the test lamp is always OFF during either of the commands, test either control circuit for a short
to ground or open/high resistance. If the circuits test normal, replace the door lock/window switch.
 If the test lamp is always ON, test either control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuits test
normal, replace the door lock/window switch.
4. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the window motor.
Component Testing
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the appropriate window motor.
2. Install a 25 A fused jumper wire between one of the control terminals and 12 V. Momentarily install a
jumper wire between the other control terminal and ground. Reverse the jumper wires at least two times,
the window motor should perform the UP and DOWN functions.
 If it does not perform as specified, replace the window motor.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as the motors are good you can at least roll them up using the method above
as long as the motors are good you can at least roll them up using the method above

this really sucks because i dont have access to any of thatt stuff ive seen videos on jumping it but i only have one jumber cable set, everything is closed to uggghh

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this really sucks because i dont have access to any of thatt stuff ive seen videos on jumping it but i only have one jumber cable set, everything is closed to uggghh
Just take anything valuable out. If thieves wanted to steal your truck, windows won’t stop them. Plenty of us just leave them unlocked so they don’t break anything to get in. Figure it out tomorrow.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all you need is a wire long enough to reach the battery terminal and then a shorter piece to use as a ground, once you pop the hood reaching the battery from the passenger side isn't that far, maybe a neighbor has a piece of wire??

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all you need is a wire long enough to reach the battery terminal and then a shorter piece to use as a ground, once you pop the hood reaching the battery from the passenger side isn't that far, maybe a neighbor has a piece of wire??

Now how would I go about this cause I had the 2 wires connected to my jumper cables, I touched what I thought was the negative and positive and I got sparks so I was like yea....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2