Passenger front and rear windows wont go up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
window motor, you can connect 12v and make the window go up or down, depending on polarity

OK so I got my passenger front window up I didn’t have enough time to do the passenger rear, so does this mean that my master switch is bad?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of the process that @Doubeleive spelled out got your window to go up? If you jumped straight to just putting voltage directly on the motor, all you have done is proven the motor itself is fine. There are a few other failure points you need to look at. Follow the voltage and see where it stops between the battery and the motor. If you don’t have a voltage tester or a cheap multimeter, go get one at an auto parts store or a Harbor Freight.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What part of the process that @Doubeleive spelled out got your window to go up? If you jumped straight to just putting voltage directly on the motor, all you have done is proven the motor itself is fine. There are a few other failure points you need to look at. Follow the voltage and see where it stops between the battery and the motor. If you don’t have a voltage tester or a cheap multimeter, go get one at an auto parts store or a Harbor Freight.

Well excuse me I’m not used to the electrical stuff

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well excuse me I’m not used to the electrical stuff

Sorry. Was not trying to be snarky, just trying to guide you through the process. As I said, you have now successfully eliminated one possible cause. Now you can focus on the other possible causes. Getting a cheap tester or multimeter will help in this process.

Tracking down electrical issues can be frustrating. I will be going through this myself next weekend trying to find out why a power seat goes forward but not back.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK so I got my passenger front window up I didn’t have enough time to do the passenger rear, so does this mean that my master switch is bad?
but I would have to agree with your synopsis, it would be unlikely that both passenger side switches would go bad at the same, maybe try unplugging the harness and plugging them back in a couple times just to see if it was bad connection also since they were both just working.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but I would have to agree with your synopsis, it would be unlikely that both passenger side switches would go bad at the same, maybe try unplugging the harness and plugging them back in a couple times just to see if it was bad connection also since they were both just working.

Yea I did that one too and just a click click very weird indeed

Reaction score
So the window doesn't go up with either of the door switches (drivers and rear passenger)?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep