Parking pawl replacement 6l80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn't mean that the 6L80 doesn't have a parking pawl. The parking pawl is just a device in the transmission to lock the output shaft to the case.
I understand. Just confirming for Wes what I know first-hand, that the vehicle will roll if the front wheels come off the ground, even when in park.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That doesn't mean that the 6L80 doesn't have a parking pawl. The parking pawl is just a device in the transmission to lock the output shaft to the case.
it does I guess according to the shop that built mine I went by there today but even he didn't know anything about it not actually "parking" and he was going to have to ask one of his tech's about it. I will likely will get more info when I take it in for a flush next week as it's required for the warranty.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I left for overseas a day after I made this post and I'm still not back in the States to resolve those problem yet. But I'll be heading back soon. Do you happen to have the part number to the rod? Also since I'm taking down the valve body are there any easy upgrades I can make while I'm in there? Maybe performance or reliability? One more question. Since 2010+ 6l80e are supposedly more reliable and with less issues, is there a way I can run these versions on my 07 Denali?

MWD_CTSV

Reaction score
Thanks for the video. I left for overseas a day after I made this post and I'm still not back in the States to resolve those problem yet. But I'll be heading back soon. Do you happen to have the part number to the rod? Also since I'm taking down the valve body are there any easy upgrades I can make while I'm in there? Maybe performance or reliability? One more question. Since 2010+ 6l80e are supposedly more reliable and with less issues, is there a way I can run these versions on my 07 Denali?
The updated rod is GM 24280048 for the 6L80, and it is backwards compatible. The 6L90 rod is longer.

The Sonnax 6L45-6L90-ZIP kit has upgrades for the valve body, and they are pretty easy. However, the critical upgrades from the kit are probably in the pump cover, so you can't do those without removing the trans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu