Parking light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sepiroth

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
I just purchased 2 194 pigtails and 2 194 white bulbs. I spliced the 194 pigtails into the lower turn signal.

You must make sure the seal is weather tite as possible. That helps keep corrosion out.

If I wanted to do a cornering light, I coulda went with grounding one side to the body instead of using the ground supplied by the turn signal wire.

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am actually heading to the parts store today, this would be an awesome mod, I am going to make mine blink too cause my corner is amber, how did you seal up the lamp?

OP
OP
Sepiroth

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
The hole I drilled for the 194 socket, I used a stepper drill bit btw, and the socket itself is a rather tight weather and waterproof fit.

I suppose if you wanted to, you could use some sort of silicone to give you peace of mind.

jpmaniac87

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but ya'll that have done this mod would know the answer to this... Is there space in that corner light area for a strobe light that's about an inch long?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas