Painted my Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
970Tahoe

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you remove the overhead console?

If you look at the end of it above the windshield, there is a hole. In that hole there is one super long screw that goes into the roof. Remove the screw from the hole and slide the whole console forward, there are two tabs that rest on the back of it that keep the console from falling down. Disconnect the harnesses and it pops right off....

If you plan on painting I reccomend taking the whole console apart and prepping all of the lids seperate....lots of screws are involved here

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
That looks awesome. I've been thinking of painting my entire interior a charcoal color or some variant. I like the texture so could I just clean the surface and get to painting or does it require some sanding?

OP
OP
970Tahoe

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks awesome. I've been thinking of painting my entire interior a charcoal color or some variant. I like the texture so could I just clean the surface and get to painting or does it require some sanding?

:Handshake: Thanks man

Texture IMO looks weird. BUT, if you don't sand it, you need to clean the plastic super well so that there is no oil or grease in the low parts of the texture. Then hit the plastic with adhesion promotor to be safe. Sanding it just allows for a smooth, glossy look.

Dpsthomas

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Looks like I got another project to get to. I'll be sure and take some before and afters.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good, did it to a previous ride, but never again! haha

and i have to agree GRAY FOR THE WIN!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz