Paint prep Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sidthekid

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I was out with the with eraser wheel debadging the hoe. It definitely helps using the wheel but still took an couple dyas doing it in between work and the batteries dying on my cordless drill. I also had to take of the 33's I just put on. The 15x12 wheels are just to wide and I can't turn worth a damn. Going to put 6" lift on to clear. I've heard mixes reviews of 33's on a six inch lift. Is it ok? Put the old wheels back on till I get the olift next week or so......

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok heres what your going to want to do

pull anything and everything possible before paint, the more off the more adesion and less overspray on anything

pull your handles, window trim (remove mirrors to get off) grill bumpers, running boards anything,

what exactly are you getting for 1200$??? jambs? just the outside? base/clear or singlestage?

find out because if its single stage dont even do it.....

i paint cars for a living and if you were in chicago i would have done a sick ass paint job on your truck for like 2000$ and included all jambs, and atleast 2 coats of clear

OP
OP
sidthekid

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

pull anything and everything possible before paint, the more off the more adesion and less overspray on anything

pull your handles, window trim (remove mirrors to get off) grill bumpers, running boards anything,

what exactly are you getting for 1200$??? jambs? just the outside? base/clear or singlestage?

i paint cars for a living and if you were in chicago i would have done a sick ass paint job on your truck for like 2000$ and included all jambs, and atleast 2 coats of clear

Yeah its single stage. What should i be looking for in a paint? They tried talking me out of the more expensive paint and into some Du Pont 'nason' brand paint. They said it was single stage and it lasts longer.....

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Yeah its single stage... Should I look for something else???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse