PAC vs. Metra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CLEAR

Reaction score
I keep reading negative reviews on the metra gmos-04. Is PAC the way to go? Whats the part number and place with the best price?

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
what veh are you doing?? do you have bose? onstar? generally i find pac is better quality but more $. i use them both daily. but prefer pac.

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
03 Tahoe with Bose. No onstar.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Theres a lot of bad reviews about metra on crutchfields site. All the shop around use PAC

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
Ok I got the pac c2r-gm24. I keep reading different stuff about this piece. Some sites say it only works without bose, some say it works with standard bose but not bose premium??? Also will the chimes be played through the LF speaker or this Pac box?

OP
OP
C

CLEAR

Reaction score
I called pac and they said gm24 is what I needed. Will this play chimes through the LF speaker?

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a PAC recently. Forget the model at the moment, but I did the research and found it was the thing I needed. I installed it in my 04 yukon with bose. Everything was working great, but I get no chimes- I honestly don't mind! but i noticed that my key fob doesn't seem to work. I tried changing the batteries in it but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure that the PAC even causes the problem but I have a feeling it did.

Reaction score
I have the PAC and it works great. Mine plays the chimes through the harness itself. Ive had a couple of the metra's and they sounded like shit.

I dont remember the part number sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24tahoe04