P3425 & P0442 error codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
A new code showed up and the engine feels likes it’s missing. I search the forum for “P3425” and had not results. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like maybe a bad vvt solenoid, the other code is a evap code there are 2 solenoids for that one is real easy on the top right front of the intake, that one I think runs about $25 online, the other is in the back under the body above the spare tire area that one runs a little more.
the small evap leak is most likely the front one on the intake, without doing a leak test and spending even more money torubleshooting you can just replace it for the $25, clear the code drive it 3-4 days and see if the code stays gone. the vvt eh thats a whole different ball game.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is that VVT solenoid the one I have read about in other threads, that is behind where the water pump is? Can it be replaced without taking the water pump off? While in there is it smart to do the cam sensor because of what it takes to get in there?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that VVT solenoid the one I have read about in other threads, that is behind where the water pump is? Can it be replaced without taking the water pump off? While in there is it smart to do the cam sensor because of what it takes to get in there?
I haven't really looked into it not sure if it is there with the phaser or under the valley cover. either way it wont be any fun :(
@iamdub probably has more info on that

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is another thread in the 2007-2014 section about a timing cover gasket set that seems to have the wrong 5 hole gasket for the VVT solenoid that shows it takes a 3 hole gasket. I thing it is a 2010 Yukon XL. In the pic he has the water pump off and has pics of the VVT solenoid and the cam sensor out. Looks like the water pump may or may not need to come off for access.

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score

Here is a picture I found online...
LS-Gen-4-Timing-Covers-VVT.jpg

OP
OP
mjreynolds928

mjreynolds928

Reaction score
sounds like maybe a bad vvt solenoid, the other code is a evap code there are 2 solenoids for that one is real easy on the top right front of the intake, that one I think runs about $25 online, the other is in the back under the body above the spare tire area that one runs a little more.
the small evap leak is most likely the front one on the intake, without doing a leak test and spending even more money torubleshooting you can just replace it for the $25, clear the code drive it 3-4 days and see if the code stays gone. the vvt eh thats a whole different ball game.
Thanks.... I dont mind replacing parts that are old and probably worn out, especially if they are not that expensive. I will try to find the parts tomorrow and see about swapping them out.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.... I dont mind replacing parts that are old and probably worn out, especially if they are not that expensive. I will try to find the parts tomorrow and see about swapping them out.
I don’t think the 2007 5.3L’s had VVT, just the 6.2L’s, but I could be mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645