P1870 on 4l80e 2000 yukon xl 2500, changed harness and solenoids...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had someone else riding with me who knew the scanner better than I last time I tested it. He said there was no slipping. Quote, when asked if there was slipping, "it was spiked, solid" haha he is a heavy equipment diesel mechanic.
Did he mention what the rpm drop was when the tcc applied? If it was notablely less than the usual 250-300 rpm or so then p1870 will likely set.

Would you just get rebuilt one if you were kinda tight on cash?
What would your budget be?

Can you r/r the trans yourself or with a buddy's help?

If so, you'd save quite a bit on the overall job.

OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And you have the option of just running it like it is while you save up the money you need to go the route that you choose. If the tranny grenades 3 weeks from now, oh well. It was going to anyway. Then you have 3 weeks to be saving or 5, 8, 10 who knows.
It runs great in 3rd, thankfully I live in a small community so I don't really need to go faster, it'd just be nice.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Mechanic didn't see slipping on the scan during it niether which is what led him to suggesting harness and solenoids be changed.
If it aint slipping or acting up other than throwing the code in 4th I would run it in 4th until it pukes. Save up your money just in case it throws up on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660