P1870 on 4l80e 2000 yukon xl 2500, changed harness and solenoids...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And
Id confirm with a scanner that it's slipping before doing anything else. Will give you an opportunity to fully scrutinize the trans from an electronic command and control perspective.

If it its def converter clutch falling out or slipping then attempt the repair with the two valves (replace the sealing rings on the 2-3 and 3-4 accumulator pistons as well when you have the assembly on the bench) and see if that fixes it. If not, its either converter or trans which means overhaul.
Awesome, thanks man

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
186k on the original tranny makes it just not worth messing with as far as hail marys and band aids. If budget is keeping you from going full rebuild then obviously you gotta do what you gotta do but if you dont have budget limitation then its just false economy of time and money to even mess around with band aids. That tranny has served well for 186k and is well worn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had someone else riding with me who knew the scanner better than I last time I tested it. He said there was no slipping. Quote, when asked if there was slipping, "it was spiked, solid" haha he is a heavy equipment diesel mechanic.

OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
186k on the original tranny makes is just not worth messing with as far as hail marys and band aids. If budget is keeping you from going full rebuild then obviously you gotta do what you gotta do but if you dont have budget limitation then its just false economy of time and money to even mess around with band aids. That tranny has served well for 186k and is well worn.
Would you just get rebuilt one if you were kinda tight on cash?

OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anytime, man.

Please Keep us posted.
I had someone else riding with me who knew the scanner better than I last time I tested it. He said there was no slipping. Quote, when asked if there was slipping, "it was spiked, solid" haha he's a heavy equipment diesel mechanic but also timber falls with me.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you just get rebuilt one if you were kinda tight on cash?
If budget is a constraint I would price out all routes that fell in my budget and met the needs of rebuilt tranny with new converter and all updates to tranny. But remember just because someone is the cheapest doesnt mean they are capable of doing the job right. Same goes for the most expensive. Ask around, do your research on local shops/builders and shop around on the net. Summit, jegs, etc. If you are gonna do the R&R then dont forget to backflush tranny cooler(s) and lines.

OP
OP
T

TastelessTater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If budget is a constraint I would price out all routes that fell in my budget and met the needs of rebuilt tranny with new converter and all updates to tranny. But remember just because someone is the cheapest doesnt mean they are capable of doing the job right. Same goes for the most expensive. Ask around, do your research on local shops/builders and shop around on the net. Summit, jegs, etc. If you are gonna do the R&R then dont forget to backflush tranny cooler(s) and lines.
Copy, thanks man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts