P069E error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deligh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am getting error code P069E on a 2009 Tahoe LS. This is the fuel pump control module requesting illumination. There was a recall on this year model for this issue but my VIN is out of range. A quick call to the service department of the local dealer said he can't repair it under the recall. Anyone have the same problem? No problems with fuel delivery…yet.

Russ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The FPCM stores it's own codes, but a lot of the aftermarket scan tools do not have the ability to scan it.

A good visual inspection can be telling. If the case of the FPCM corrodes and allows moisture in, it will fail. The mounting surfaces also need to be clean and free of corrosion. There were a lot of problems with the interaction beween the steel and aluminum, and at least one of the recall kits provides isolators to seperate the two metals.

raidernationmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My OBD scanner tool did a Fuel Pressure read and it was averaging 43 psi for my 2009 Yukon Flex 6.2L. Seems low as I read that it should be between 50psi to 100 psi.

Would think this is fuel pump issue and I should replace it. 179k and 11 years with about 4000 engine hours on the original fuel pump.

Any advice ?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting error code P069E on a 2009 Tahoe LS. This is the fuel pump control module requesting illumination. There was a recall on this year model for this issue but my VIN is out of range. A quick call to the service department of the local dealer said he can't repair it under the recall. Anyone have the same problem? No problems with fuel delivery…yet.
go to pepboys they can scan the advance codes

don't get it fixed there though

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OBD scanner tool did a Fuel Pressure read and it was averaging 43 psi for my 2009 Yukon Flex 6.2L. Seems low as I read that it should be between 50psi to 100 psi.

Would think this is fuel pump issue and I should replace it. 179k and 11 years with about 4000 engine hours on the original fuel pump.

Any advice ?

43 psi is normal for a FlexFuel engine. Now if you floor it and it drops more than a few pounds your pump is getting weak. Can your scan tool tell what the fuel pump's Long Term Trim is?

For comparison, I believe my pump is original, 155K and LT Trim sits at around 1.47 or 1.49, going by memory. Mine is same year as yours but and SLT with the 5.3 LC9.

raidernationmike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
43 psi is normal for a FlexFuel engine. Now if you floor it and it drops more than a few pounds your pump is getting weak. Can your scan tool tell what the fuel pump's Long Term Trim is?

For comparison, I believe my pump is original, 155K and LT Trim sits at around 1.47 or 1.49, going by memory. Mine is same year as yours but and SLT with the 5.3 LC9.

The more I research, the more I think this is an issue with the fuel pump flow control module and occasionally shorting out and throwing the P069E code. I've erased it and engine runs find and then randomly the car stalls. I shut the car off, take the key out, open/close the door and restart the car and it acts normal again.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I research, the more I think this is an issue with the fuel pump flow control module and occasionally shorting out and throwing the P069E code. I've erased it and engine runs find and then randomly the car stalls. I shut the car off, take the key out, open/close the door and restart the car and it acts normal again.

No other codes?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no other codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, shop manual seems to indicate that that code goes with others, there is really nothing to do other than replace the module and it must be programmed to the vehicle. It's underneath on a crossmember somewhere.

I would do a little more testing performance wise before replacing it myself, watching the pressure with key and on and see how much it drops in 5 minutes. If it drops at WOT, etc. Checking the Trims, etc.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates? I have the same code. Engine cranks but won't start. I don't hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key to the on/acc position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE