Fuel pump only replacement 07 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

soundsgoodtome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A NEW EXACT MATCH PUMP IS $162 FROM HERKO
cross over to the other brands, you get what you pay for.........
View attachment 414791
A NEW EXACT MATCH PUMP IS $162 FROM HERKO
cross over to the other brands, you get what you pay for.........
View attachment 414791
I like the cross reference information shown on the right of that picture. What website are you using to come up with that?

also- I just ordered the GM genuine part number MU1657
$230

I still would like to keep this form open and try to find an alternative for people who are looking for a cheaper alternative but one that is a decent pump to replace.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the cross reference information shown on the right of that picture. What website are you using to come up with that?

also- I just ordered the GM genuine part number MU1657
$230

I still would like to keep this form open and try to find an alternative for people who are looking for a cheaper alternative but one that is a decent pump to replace.
herko, they are based in Florida they manage to get a lot of overstock or over runs oem equipment, some of it they scratch out the oem part number and mark it with there own part number, I can only assume for legal reasons so gm doesn't sue them
you can get really good deals on fuel injectors, coil packs, fuel pumps etc,

gm likes to change part numbers like underwear, that way they keep the money rolling in, a lot of stuff will crossover

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

soundsgoodtome

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
herko, they are based in Florida they manage to get a lot of overstock or over runs oem equipment, some of it they scratch out the oem part number and mark it with there own part number, I can only assume for legal reasons so gm doesn't sue them
you can get really good deals on fuel injectors, coil packs, fuel pumps etc,

gm likes to change part numbers like underwear, that way they keep the money rolling in, a lot of stuff will crossover
I Will try to look at the new to see if it has a part number on it And pass that on.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I have an 2007 suburban 8th vin J non flex fuel.
I’ve taken the fuel pump out and I am looking for a replacement for the pump Only and not the entire module/housing.
After extensive Internet searches I have been unable to find the pump only.
Does anyone have a number or model for this unit?
Why would you wanna just change out the pump only?
With the new pump assembly you get a new level sensor and a new filter.

Due to the amount of work involved in removing the old assembly, I would not wanna cheap out this particular item. My 2c.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Will try to look at the new to see if it has a part number on it And pass that on.
many gm oem parts are made by major brand names and just come in a ac delco box
for instance I bought oem 02 sensors a couple weeks ago
came in a ac delco box, the part is stamped NTK right on it

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The online Bosch catalog should have a cross compatibility guide for the complete fuel pump & swirl pot assembly as well as just the part number for the pump.

Both Bosch and GM purposely do not make the part number for the pump itself available. There’s too much profit to be lost when they can get away with selling a complete $500 replacement unit. In Europe they’re more crafty and have better resources for repairing parts vs. throwing them away.

DBacon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just cut an access panel above the pump on my 2007 Yukon. Seal it up good with heavy fabric tape so fumes can't pass through. I had to put 8 pumps in my 1996 Chevy Express van, and that convinced me to always do this.

DBacon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for reserving judgement. I did it under awful conditions. I had just delivered some prototype vehicle body assemblies, and I had to do this right in the customer's parking lot. He helped as I hacked the hole with the side of a screwdriver. He stayed while I did the whole job and still did further business with our little welding shop afterward, very understanding guy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019