P0300 and hesitation going up hills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cranks but doesnt fire up. This is for a Toyota Camry. Some say evap, some say injectors leaking and causing engine to be flooded with gas until cool off time and clears. When cool, starts up with no issues and drives fine with no issues. Turn off to run to the store and wont start up unless you let sit for like half an hour.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least it's reproducible. I'd monitor the fuel pressure with a gauge to see if it leaks down quickly after it's hot, or anytime after you shut it off. That could indicate a leaky injector or bad fuel pump valve, etc.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
thanks for the direction

The next time it won't start like that hold the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor (wide open throttle) while cranking the engine over.

If it is flooded this will clear the flood because it will shut off the injectors while cranking.

If this causes it to start up then the most likely culprit is the evap purge valve on the engine.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next time it won't start like that hold the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor (wide open throttle) while cranking the engine over.

If it is flooded this will clear the flood because it will shut off the injectors while cranking.

If this causes it to start up then the most likely culprit is the evap purge valve on the engine.

I'll try this. I normally keep pumping it while cranking but never held it down before starting nor holding it down the entire time.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the old 41110 and new 41162. The rain is slowing me down but almost done. The trick worked great for cylinder 7 and about to start 8

20200610_151708.jpg 20200610_151645.jpg

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Cylinder 8 is still tricky. I got it done but could not for the life of me fit the torque wrench. That heat shield all in the way. I gave it a snug fit and everything else went smooth. Fired her up and she sounded amazing and fired right up. Lately she had trouble starting. I went around the block and up a hill I commonly use for testing and issue is definitely gone. I have to do more testing to see if the wires or coils may have issues. Should have a better update on misfires after a spirited drive.

Thanks everyone, saved me some $ because I was definitely looking at replacing coils/wires first with the sad assumption that I had more time on the plugs.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was complaining about a stutter with the truck for the longest and blamed it on the transmission. This seemed to have went away as well but will confirm later today.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I sure hope your troubles are gone. Sometimes it’s the simple things. I remember when I had plug wire problems and thought the worst. I had those fiberglass heat shields on and they say they are good to like 2000* or something so I never thought of removing them from the plug boot and inspecting the brand-new wires (they were tight as hell on the boot and hard to get off) but I used my Tech2 and saw which 2 cylinders were misfiring so I did the troubleshooting procedure and when I swapped those wires to adjacent cylinders the misfires followed. Then I removed those heat shields and saw brown spots on the wires where the shield and wires were touching my headers. I finally bought super short wires that stayed away from my headers.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
That Cylinder 8 is still tricky. I got it done but could not for the life of me fit the torque wrench. That heat shield all in the way. I gave it a snug fit and everything else went smooth. Fired her up and she sounded amazing and fired right up. Lately she had trouble starting. I went around the block and up a hill I commonly use for testing and issue is definitely gone. I have to do more testing to see if the wires or coils may have issues. Should have a better update on misfires after a spirited drive.

Thanks everyone, saved me some $ because I was definitely looking at replacing coils/wires first with the sad assumption that I had more time on the plugs.

Me for the win!!!.... lol

Glad you got it sorted out and it didn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SRobinson541