P0172 and p0175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bhath1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pulling on the highway last night it felt like it misfired then went into what felt like limp mode wouldn’t move I plugged scanner in and and it had a p2544 code I cleared it and it drove fine from there on out also had the p0172 code and p0175 code nothing else first time that’s happened. Is there a way to reset the alcohol content myself or do I have to bring it to a dealer? Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would need a bi-directional scanner to be able to reset the alcohol content. But some lower level scanners will read what the PCM thinks it is; that's the first step to see if it's an issue.

If you've been running gas (not E85) then the alcohol content should be 10% or less.

Chris Mosher

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue. It was from excessive idling and starting and stopping short distances. Smell the oil to see if it smells like gas. Changed O2 sensors to be safe and it went away. Just don’t idle long

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im having the same issue on my 08 z71. I hooked my scan tool up and the alcohol content was at 70%...where I live we dont even have e85..only 10% ethanol

Get that alcohol content reset before the richness ruins the catalytic converters, and have someone who can program modules check the GM Techline for a calibration update. You may also need new upstream O2 sensors.

Watch the whole video in post #13.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n