P0121,P2119 & U0100 Codes - Range AFM Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe (265k miles) and I have the Range plug in unit installed to shut off AFM.

Lately, the engine light has been coming on after the vehicle has been shut off and started back up. If I remove the range unit and replace the light goes after after the unit cycles.

The codes are P0121 and U0100, I am wondering if the Range Unit is causing this due to the removal and re-inserting shutting down the engine light?

The P0121 & P2119 codes looks to be primarily throttle body related

The U0100 code says it is loss of communication with the EBCM.

Any one had any experience with this kind of issue?

Thanks,
Tim

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you have the Range AFM unit plugged in prior to these codes popping up?

Try running the vehicle for a week without the Range unit and see if you still get those codes.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you have the Range AFM unit plugged in prior to these codes popping up?

Try running the vehicle for a week without the Range unit and see if you still get those codes.

I think the Range unit has been installed for over a year.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try running the vehicle for a month without the Range unit. In the grand scheme of things it would be far cheaper for you to replace the Range AFM unit with a new one vs. diagnosing and repairing those fault codes.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Update -

I removed the Range Unit and the light went off. However, it has come back on with the Range unit removed. So I think I truly have something going on and I figure I will start with:

1. Replacing the TB - the vehicle has 265k on it and I have cleaned it twice over the last 150k. I assume it may be getting worn and proably past cleaning.

2. Try to determine what is triggering the U0100 code.

3. As an FYI for anyone who reads this with an older Range unit, they are offering a free firmware update if you send it in to them. I did take them up on it and sent it back for update the other day. They said it takes about 7-10 days for full turnaround shipping to and back considered.

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
Loss of ECBM

Never hurts to check fuses and give all of the wires under the hood a good look over with a flashlight.
Look for signs of rodents “poopoo” little feet marks, wires that may be laying on hot parts or rubbing or that have been chewed on.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe (265k miles) and I have the Range plug in unit installed to shut off AFM.

Lately, the engine light has been coming on... The U0100 code says it is loss of communication with the EBCM.

How old is your battery and when was the last time the grounds and cables were checked for corrosion?

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery is about 2 months old and I cleaned the terminals when I replaced.

I have also run an additional ground from the engine to the frame.

With regard to the TB, what are your thoughts regarding a replacement at this point (I have cleaned it twice in the last 150K, the unit has 265k on it) to try and remedy the P0121 & P2119 codes?

Thank for your help.
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesertGator

Latest posts