p- 307 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i my 99 tahoe, coded p307 misfire cyl, 7. I cleared the code and have been driving it for 2 days and it hasnt returned. Wondering what would cause it to set this code. It has the upgraded injectors and deosnt drive or feel like there is a misfire. Could pulling a 30' camper into the mountains cause this code? Ive also read where cyl 3 & 7 are somehow linked in the distributer cap, and the spark can inadvertantly jump to the wrong cyl. Just need some ideas guys. If it is missing i sure dont notice it. Its seems to be running great! No stumbling or rough idle, stalling etc. Your thoughts

Thanks. biggscott

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that can happen with the vortec caps. inspect them for burn marks that look something like below. btw not specific to any two cylinders. if it is only happening when in the mountains or towing it is possible your valve guides may be sticking a bit.
IMAG0358.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

biggscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, i just bought it 3 days ago so im kida in the dark on the vortec 350's. I had the obd2 reader, figured theservice soon light would be something like a gas cap or something stupid, but whith how good it runs i was suprised whent it read 307, i mean usually you can notice a misfire and this seems to run perfect! I am going to throw a tune up on it. Not that it needs one but i dont know when the last owner did one and this will give me a starting point. I like to keep track of routine maintenance dates! I just got back from a long drive and still the service light is off. So hopefully it was just a momentary thing. Thanks for your response.

Biggscott

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
use all delco or delphi parts. the possible loose gas cap idea had just started around your year. maybe '98 too. i would have to go back and look.

OP
OP
B

biggscott

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So since i cleared the code i have put over 100 miles on it in all sorts of speeds and elevation. It is still running great and the code has not returned. I dont know what that means exactly but so far so good! Thanks for you help, i will use delco or delphi
thanks again
Biggscott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan