Overland Yukon XL or Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Can't find it. It was full on. Solar panels, refrigerator, huge drawers, etc etc. He was asking like $80ish iirc.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
I have a very lightly modded LR3 and a 4WD 5.3 Yukon XL.

I bought my Yukon XL to have more room for road trips with my wife and 4 boys. The 4WD so I could deal with poor weather conditions and a little more confidence on unpaved service roads, etc. The XL is just too big for OHV trails and there’s so little aftermarket support in that genre.

My Yukon will ultimately get some good oversized tires, better lighting of sorts, and I’ll likely call it a day. It’s a great car on the road, so I think it’s best to embrace it’s strengths and not ask it to be something it’s not. Although I don’t feel nearly as much pressure to mod it for off-road use, because I have the LR3.

I’d love to see some low-profile bumper options though. Pretty much everything I’ve seen thus far looks like it’s for nudging cattle.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw an idea to ya.... ( I had to park it next to a Prius).... fun to drive... & it has satellite too. This 6-door beast will go anywhere!! Oh, ya..... sorry.... it's a Ford.

My motto....." In an accident, the bigger car wins"...

F650 super mod.jpg

OP
OP
battledenali

battledenali

Reaction score
I have a very lightly modded LR3 and a 4WD 5.3 Yukon XL.

I bought my Yukon XL to have more room for road trips with my wife and 4 boys. The 4WD so I could deal with poor weather conditions and a little more confidence on unpaved service roads, etc. The XL is just too big for OHV trails and there’s so little aftermarket support in that genre.

My Yukon will ultimately get some good oversized tires, better lighting of sorts, and I’ll likely call it a day. It’s a great car on the road, so I think it’s best to embrace it’s strengths and not ask it to be something it’s not. Although I don’t feel nearly as much pressure to mod it for off-road use, because I have the LR3.

I’d love to see some low-profile bumper options though. Pretty much everything I’ve seen thus far looks like it’s for nudging cattle.

I know these trucks can't all do everything. I would only be looking for some light dirt roads and solid snow traveling. A sort of camping base camp setup for the kids. I have a 2 door Rubicon that will be hitting the hard trails.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd throw an idea to ya.... ( I had to park it next to a Prius).... fun to drive... & it has satellite too. This 6-door beast will go anywhere!! Oh, ya..... sorry.... it's a Ford.

My motto....." In an accident, the bigger car wins"...

View attachment 214494

Is that yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
I know these trucks can't all do everything. I would only be looking for some light dirt roads and solid snow traveling. A sort of camping base camp setup for the kids. I have a 2 door Rubicon that will be hitting the hard trails.

Got mine for the same and it fits the bill nicely so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr