Overheated, no battery power.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blacksh33p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 97 yukon, pretty much stock that I use occasionally. Today while driving home my gf smelt coolant and then maybe 15 minutes later the engine temp spiked. Pulled off at the nearest gas station shut it off, steamed up. Saw that coolant was spraying out(light spray) from the back left of the engine bay(if looking from the front of the truck). Added coolant waited a while tried to crank it up, almost turned over when everything suddenly went dead. Hood light, interior lights, you name it nothing has power. Tried to jump it and still no electrical power. Checked all normal fuses under the hood, battery, ignition.

My best guess right now is that coolant sprayed onto the batteries ground and somehow that is causing it to ground out. But other than that I have no idea why it is not cranking up. It only needs to make it 2 miles to be home where I can get it in my garage. But cant accomplish much without it starting.

Thanks in advance.

swab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant help with the batt issue.. but i bet your heater control valve went bad..

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The battery ground is already grounded, so spraying water on it would not ground it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino