Ouch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yup, same thing occurred to the poor girl texting who rear ended my buddies 3500 HD Duramax. The tow hitch was in and it allowed her to total her Honda. It peeled the car open like a stay fresh foil liner of an unopened Folger’s coffee container.

Unfortunately it broke the seal in the p/s (extended) bed cavity and required it to be opened, inspected and the inside of the bed-wall replaced. It was a 60 day ordeal to have it micromanaged and repaired correctly.

Sad thing was the girl knew she was at fault and my buddy had to calm her down because she was so worried about what her parents would do or what kind of trouble she’d be in. The kid was genuine and just couldn’t overcome the temptation of using the phone. Only let your kids buy phones that lock when in motion when they’re noob drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, same thing occurred to the poor girl texting who rear ended my buddies 3500 HD Duramax. The tow hitch was in and it allowed her to total her Honda. It peeled the car open like a stay fresh foil liner of an unopened Folger’s coffee container.

Unfortunately it broke the seal in the p/s (extended) bed cavity and required it to be opened, inspected and the inside of the bed-wall replaced. It was a 60 day ordeal to have it micromanaged and repaired correctly.

Sad thing was the girl knew she was at fault and my buddy had to calm her down because she was so worried about what her parents would do or what kind of trouble she’d be in. The kid was genuine and just couldn’t overcome the temptation of using the phone. Only let your kids buy phones that lock when in motion when they’re noob drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outstanding and true- Even good folks make mistakes.. and kids make more because their common sense (I know, I know) isn't quite as developed as some adults. They do stupid stuff, though they aren't all stupid. Same thing happened to my ex-wife years ago, she called me at work (I was working patrol) that she'd been rear-ended by a 16 year old girl who was on her cell (this was before texting/driving was illegal) and it was close enough I could roll up there. The kid was scared to death and it didn't help when the husband of the woman she just rear-ended rolled up in a black and white. We calmed her down and had her call her parents. They showed up a short time later, when the handling deputies did finally arrive, the father of the girl tried to pull a fast one and claim he was driving the car (apparently, the teen wasn't on the policy) and it became a huge mess. We (of course) had uninsured motorist coverage, so it cost us the 250 deductible to get the car fixed and we just dealt with it. The time, money and emotional wear & tear stupid people cause the rest of us is no small thing.

SnowBuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I looked underneath and as far as I can tell it is only the bumper, the bumper pads have scuffing on them and also the bumper bracket is bent is there anything else to look for. Thanks for reading my rant.
No big deal. I backed into a pillar in underground garage. Can replace it all (bumper/brackets/covers) for $274.99. Carparts.comIMG_1068.JPG

Aquamania001

Reaction score
Well I got my baby back!!! She looks great and ALL the undersides are repaired and looking good! In Waldorf, MD. Complete Auto Body. I hope I can put this out there. Great work!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz