Ouch!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear there is ''HIT ME" on the back of all three of our suv's, esp the wifes white denali. then oddly the Tahoe next, the suprising part about the Tahoe is that the rear bumper and quarter are already damaged! (bought it this way, was gonna put tons and 40's and make a hardcore trail rig). I would have expected people to stay back more to as the damage would scare them off a bit, but it don't seem to matter.

Aquamania001

Reaction score
Just do what I did. I have a Go Rhino hitch step on the rear as well as some other bars I got from Stylin Trucks. No one get's too close to my rear!! I also put a brush/deer guard on the front. Full protection all the way around. Did I mention my nerf bars on the side?

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I have dash cams in all on my cars. I have two fairly new and nice vehicles and an old beater truck with most of the paint falling off. The nice cars get cut off and nearly hit repeatedly. The truck with most of the paint missing rarely gets cut off.
My cousin had a 1950 Ford Pick-up with 4 railroad ties strapped together as a front bumper. When (most) people saw that in their rear view mirror...they got the Hell out of the way! Also when the ties got "Damaged" we would just get a few more, strap them up and VIOLA! a brand new bumper. Love the Beaters!!

OP
OP
CDNTAHOE

CDNTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still fighting with body shop. Boneheads didn't replace the brace and bracket just straightened out the old one and didn't align the bumper right. So the other persons insurance company contacted me I told them I was not impressed with this at all. I found one of the parts here the other had to order in I was told it should take 3 days to arrive. After talking to the adjuster from from the other insurance company she sounded not to happy with the body shop. After the conversation with the adjuster I received a email from the body shop stating the parts have been received and are ready to do the job when I am ready. Geez nothing but a bunch of liars right from the start of this process

Aquamania001

Reaction score
One might say I'm cynical, but I have to answer your question with "HELL YES!!". I swear, as I get older, people seem to be getting stupider. I can't drive 10 minutes, anywhere and not see some dipsh*t reading their phone, perusing a magazine, (I once saw a guy with his laptop propped up on his steering wheel while driving at 75+ on the freeway).... The struggle is real. Those of "us" smarter than the average mouth breather see them, everywhere.. it's like someone left the flipping gate open and an entire generation of morons were freed. I have this (awful) habit of looking around how many people are on their phones at stop lights.... everyone! Grannies texting knitting comparisons, teenagers swiping right or left, men looking for nude photos... (cough cough, nothing wrong with that, as long as your not driving while doing it... hack), everyone! Speed limits? Ha- Stop signs? Puh-lease.. It's enough to make a priest curse. I'm not describing the above average mentality person, who goofs up, no one's perfect, it happens to us all. But COME ON! Pay attention (as you said, very well I might add) and instead of just "going along for the ride, like a GD passenger in your car, truck whatevs..., REMEMBER you are piloting 3000 lbs (+/-) of metal, plastic and glass at velocities powerful enough to ***** out another human's light switch- "Click", just like that, dead. How many say (after the fact) "Oh, gosh, if I'd only been paying attention"... Well, here it is, with the magic process of common sense, PAY ATTENTION NOW! LOL- Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, or reiterate/fuel your frustration, but clearly you touched a nerve... LOL- Safe week all and I hope it's not too much of a hassle to get your rig fixed and carry on with your life. I'll get down offa my soapbox now. :)

Outstanding post!!!

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great. The bonus is a bit more protection against the never-ending onslaught of morons.... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts