OTA Update GM N22-238206 HVAC Quirk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, I saw it. If they want to keep messing with it and letting me accumulate totals days out of service for lemon law that is their problem.
So, let me get this straight. You know the issue is known by the manufacturer, you’ve shared that info w/ the dealer, and you still take the truck in to have them try to fix it, even though you know there is not yet a fix…only to run the clock up to force a lemon law discussion?

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, let me get this straight. You know the issue is known by the manufacturer, you’ve shared that info w/ the dealer, and you still take the truck in to have them try to fix it, even though you know there is not yet a fix…only to run the clock up to force a lemon law discussion?
Right? Just sell it and move on... or turn down the fan knob.

509Yukon

Reaction score
Could it be possible you are missing what I said in a prior post, re-read it. A General Motors employee told them to get it in to look at that button on the steering wheel. This isn't the dealer doing a fishing expedition on their own, the manufacturer has been in communication with them and the day I posted a GM service rep in person at the dealership told them to get the Yukon back in and evaluate and likely replace that switch. You can go on all day long about a bulletin but does that mean it is impossible for engineering to communicate with their staff internally to look at options in the field when they have a vehicle which exhibits this issue nearly 100% of the time?

Cool your jets boys. My point still stands, I don't see this fixing it and only accumulating more days down but again, this next visit is at manufacturers request so we will give it a try.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Yukon from the dealer yesterday and yet again they claimed another dose of software update per GM had fixed the HVAC fan speed issue and the instrument cluster going out. Today after starting it the HVAC fan speed dropped again along with the occasional Google Speech error message. I took a photo of the error message and sent it to the advisor.

He called me 15 minutes later and said a GM service rep was at the store and he just showed him the picture and described what they have been struggling with. This GM rep said the fan speed problem is possibly tied to an issue with the talk button on the steering wheel sending an erroneous signal and told them to get it in to check out that button.

Of course I then pushed the button a number of times triggering Google on the media screen and it came up fine, lowered the fan speed, and also returned the fan speed to normal after timing out each and every time. I can't imagine the button is the problem but a service appointment is set for next week and we will see what they come up with.
Just picked up my Yukon after doing the park assist retrofit and I mentioned this to my service advisor who contacted his no 1 tech and the tech stated that he personally has been in touch with a GM engineer about this issue and it has nothing to do with the talk button, but in fact it is a software issue and GM is well aware of it and working on a fix. Because there are so many things controlled by the software it is not just a simple fix as there are other things going on that fixing one thing can cause other problems to appear.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a week and a half ago, I had my Yukon in for an oil change and the service manager updated with the latest software that recently came out for the infotainment system. It did not fix the problem with the blowers slowing down after start up.

But..... The next morning an over the air update prompt came up and I did the update in the driveway. Knock on wood, but it has been acting normal this last week. Yay~

mikepankau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just checked mine - still no update available. Maybe it will take some time to deploy to everyone?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a week and a half ago, I had my Yukon in for an oil change and the service manager updated with the latest software that recently came out for the infotainment system. It did not fix the problem with the blowers slowing down after start up.

But..... The next morning an over the air update prompt came up and I did the update in the driveway. Knock on wood, but it has been acting normal this last week. Yay~
Can you do 2 things for us:
1) Look on yoru MyGMC app, vehicle status, vehicle updates, and tell us what update was just installed "the next morning"
2) Do a Settings -> Vehicle -> About and take a pick of the infotainment screen to let us know what version of software you are now running.

mikepankau

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any new info or updates on this? It's been a few months now and it is still a daily problem for me!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not seen an OTA update in over 2 months - they were coming in more frequently before that. Hopefully that means they are doing a better job of quality checking these releases before they are issued, but I won't hold my breath... FWIW the last update I received was N23-2411560 at the end of August.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any new info or updates on this? It's been a few months now and it is still a daily problem for me!
I actually opened a case w/ GM Customer Service on this topic, as it is really getting annoying.
As of last week there was no fix available.
P.S. I referred them to this thread and the linked Document from the NHTSA web site that GM published...took 3 conversations to convince them they have a known problem...but the CSR eventually got the picture.
I asked how I will be notified when the fix is available...they have been radio silent since I asked that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts