Ordering a Vehicle? How long?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOQUICKSILVER

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In October, I almost ordered my Denali because the ones around here had so many extras that prices were in the high $70's. When I was placing the order, my dealer found the Denali I was looking for. Indeed, you can save a few thousands but will have to wait.

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha very funny I have the best story ordered my first Yukon Denali the first week of October I still haven't seen it. The factory picked up the order the last week of November the projected week of production is this week 12/14/15 I have another order that I wanted to have by the end of February Order was placed the beginning of December I was just informed by the Dealer that vehicle 2 won't be delivered until the end of March

IamZ

Reaction score
I ordered mine mid-November, got busy and didn't have a chance to followup till last week. Was told that GM had placed a hold on Denali orders which was just lifted last week. So my truck that was supposed to be delivered in early Jan, will now be delivered sometime in Feb.

Last edited:

PinkAle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to do that as most dealers in my area don't have anything close to what I wanted and I didn't want to pay for something I'll never use

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest part for me was having them swap a bench into the truck but most of the caddys are similarly equipped based on trim

IamZ

Reaction score
Didnt say what the hold was about unfortunately...I'd take one off the lot too if they had any with a bench here!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer says they don't tell him anything about estimated build dates or anything. That they will just let him know when it's about to be delivered...

True?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ask the sales guy for your order number (should be 6 characters long) Then google GM order tracking, usually threads going on in some forums (say corvette or camaro ones are usually full of factory orders) that have GM customer service participation that can check your status (which usually updates on tuesdays I believe)

Or your sales guy could just ask the sales manager (the person who put the order in) to check the status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA