Order to Delivery Timeframes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMMDMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, salesman just texted me today. Our Yukon XL with trailering package was built this week and is sitting in Arlington waiting for a train ride up to Canada (Ontario).

JR09country

Reaction score
Ok, salesman just texted me today. Our Yukon XL with trailering package was built this week and is sitting in Arlington waiting for a train ride up to Canada (Ontario).
I live right by the rail lot where they are shipped and there was a train there today with a ton of rail cars. [emoji1745] Hopefully its going to you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DawnsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My husband is an optimist, I’m much more cynical. They gave us an order number. How long before we should receive a link to some kind of tracking system I see you guys talking about?
My order was accepted today after they took the trailering package and all weather mats out. Said it would be about 8 weeks. I live in the DFW metroplex so pretty close to Arlington. Ordered an SLT, 4x4, second row bench seat.

MJenn76

Reaction score
My husband is an optimist, I’m much more cynical. They gave us an order number. How long before we should receive a link to some kind of tracking system I see you guys talking about?
Ha! Tracking system? You mean us piecing it together???

Mine was produced December 12, shipped the 19th and arrived in Detroit the 28th, at dealer the 5th... Ontario would probably be the next stop on that line, figure 4 weeks out

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

afishinado

Reaction score
I just ordered a new Z71 yesterday. I ordered it from a dealer here in South Dakota instead of SE Florida where the dealers are waaaay bigger and more plentiful. I'm was wondering if I made a mistake. I did it because the delivery times I have been seeing, brings it to the spring when I return from Florida... But they told me to expect 6 to 9 months. I really don't care, my 12 is still super. When it comes, I'll be ready.

Well 6-9 months was a joke.... I ordered from the dealer near my home in SD where I will be in late April or early May. Just for YAYA's I checked my order detail on Chevrolet.com Friday hoping to see it will get there in May or June... Turns out it's already been shipped, and was last seen in Illinois! When the dealer calls, guess I'll tell him sell it someone else and order me another in March or April, or he can send my deposit back and I'll just pick one up here in SE Florida where not only are they in stock, but they're discounting!

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order was accepted today after they took the trailering package and all weather mats out. Said it would be about 8 weeks. I live in the DFW metroplex so pretty close to Arlington. Ordered an SLT, 4x4, second row bench seat.

Good stuff man! That second row bench is important to us as well.

DawnsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha! Tracking system? You mean us piecing it together???

Mine was produced December 12, shipped the 19th and arrived in Detroit the 28th, at dealer the 5th... Ontario would probably be the next stop on that line, figure 4 weeks out

So where are you piecing together information from?

MJenn76

Reaction score
So where are you piecing together information from?
If you go to gmc.com or Chevrolet.com you can initiate a chat with a GM service rep. They will take your order # and let you know the status. Then tell you to call your dealer, they call a service rep and find out the same status. 1st GM accepts. 2nd assigned target production week, TPW 3rd produced 4th Shipped, 5th delivered That's the "system".

Once you get a TPW your order is usually good... unless the plant shuts down or has a delay.

Based on everybody's experiences and input on this board from their orders, what little input we get from the dealers and find on the internet at sites like https://www.donlen.com/updates.html We have found towing packages, floor mats, air ride suspension and uograded wheels are all out of stock. Certain high end packages are causing production order delays etc. So a base Tahoe or Yukon SLE are probably in the 12 weeks range. A Denali Ultimate or Tahoe High Coutry... best to wait till 2022 year. Escalades are different story altogether.

DawnsYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you go to gmc.com or Chevrolet.com you can initiate a chat with a GM service rep. They will take your order # and let you know the status. Then tell you to call your dealer, they call a service rep and find out the same status. 1st GM accepts. 2nd assigned target production week, TPW 3rd produced 4th Shipped, 5th delivered That's the "system".

Once you get a TPW your order is usually good... unless the plant shuts down or has a delay.

Based on everybody's experiences and input on this board from their orders, what little input we get from the dealers and find on the internet at sites like https://www.donlen.com/updates.html We have found towing packages, floor mats, air ride suspension and uograded wheels are all out of stock. Certain high end packages are causing production order delays etc. So a base Tahoe or Yukon SLE are probably in the 12 weeks range. A Denali Ultimate or Tahoe High Coutry... best to wait till 2022 year. Escalades are different story altogether.

Great info, thanks!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and I'll just pick one up here in SE Florida where not only are they in stock, but they're discounting!

Except all south FL dealers are gangsters and add any where from 1000.00 low end to 18-2500.00 dollars in non negotiable "Dealer Fees" to every deal. I could fly out of state make deal and drove it home and still save big money. I WOULD buy one here (FL) in the next month or so but I'll wait till I get back in the Midwest where they are 100.00 doc fees and you are out the door...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879