Opinions on custon catback for 08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85camaroman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to hear everyones opinion on doing a custom catback for my new 08 tahoe. Reason I wanna go custom is because frankly, premade/fabed catback kits are just stupid expensive for what you get. We have an exhaust shop here in Raleigh who has a mandrel pipe bender and ive had every one of my vehicles to him he does terrific work. My next question is for a bolt-on tahoe would a single 3" or a single 4" set-up be better? Seems like the stock setup now is 3". This would be the catback kit from the 2 bolt flange back. My only plans for now are a set of longtubes and an air intake. Down the road we may consider a magnacharger kit.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Single 3" as straight as you can get it,muffler of choice, turndown, done

OP
OP

85camaroman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont mind turndowns on a street car or bigger 4x4 but this is my other halfs 30k suv I wanna go with a full tailpipe so the inside is quiet. I was planning on 3.5" from the flange back with a borla xr1 muffler and mandrel bent 3.5" over the axle with a dynomax bullit right before the end of the tailpipe. My other option was 3" from the flange with a single in/dual outlet muffler.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster muffler that is dumped. I don't like the looks of the pipes coming out the rear. I do have drone but don't care. Plus I have a loud stereo :drunk:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going with longtubes then 3" or 3.5" dual with H or Xpipe, your choice of muffler, and then tailpipes straight out the back with a slight turn down cut flush with the body panel. An old musclecar look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts