Onyx black Denali Full tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Jersey cops will still give you a ticket, even with Florida tags. They don't care.
Really? Can they do that? Thats like me going to burger king to make a big Mac because I work at McDonalds. I can try but I won't work. Right? I was in Cali over the weekend and was stopped because I hit the yellow line for a few times when going through the mountains, but he turned to follow, he did for a tone of miles. Then he told me he saw I had no front plate and followed I'm till I made a mistake by hiting the line. I asked about the plate and he said in California you do but your from another state I'm not sure of the rules there. Told me be safe and let me go. I'll keep you posted on any issues I may come across with Johnny Law.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Can they do that? Thats like me going to burger king to make a big Mac because I work at McDonalds. I can try but I won't work. Right? I was in Cali over the weekend and was stopped because I hit the yellow line for a few times when going through the mountains, but he turned to follow, he did for a tone of miles. Then he told me he saw I had no front plate and followed I'm till I made a mistake by hiting the line. I asked about the plate and he said in California you do but your from another state I'm not sure of the rules there. Told me be safe and let me go. I'll keep you posted on any issues I may come across with Johnny Law.

I hope I'm wrong, but if you got pulled over only for that (in California), then your goose is cooked.

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is discretionary. Most times they'll just give you a tinted windows ticket. It depends on who you are, where you are and your record. Iirc tinted windows ticket is a little under $100.
But I would have to pay if not fixed? Right? Had a fix it ticket for cracked windshield and replaced it took to NHP and had it signed off. No fine.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good luck. Cops don't know everything. Friend of mine drives for a wholesaler on a dealer plate. In Jersey it's 1 plate(dealer tag), it's for transportation purposes. The plate is registered and insured, not the vehicle it's on, so in case anything happens, you're covered anyway. Cop pulled my buddy over because there was only 1 plate on it. That's all you're issued. It also says DEALER (DLR) on it. Gave him a ticket for having only 1 plate and no inspection sticker. No sticker is needed under a dealer plate. Cop was an idiot. Tickets were "taken care of', but it was still the point. Cops don't know everything, and they don't want to look stupid.

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, but if you got pulled over only for that (in California), then your goose is cooked.
Naw he came up and asked if I was ok! I said yeah why! He told me cuz I hit/ road the line a few times and was checking on me. It was mamorial day leaving trinity lake. I took it as he thought I was drinking. But his legal reason was no front plate. Still I'm from Reno and I was stopped in Cali and no ticket. I Dont know for sure but if it was a violation in anysorts I shouls off been ticketed. Let's see how long I go before im stopped for the windshield, keep everyone posted. In Nevada I have seen alot of rigs with windshield tint.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
But I would have to pay if not fixed? Right? Had a fix it ticket for cracked windshield and replaced it took to NHP and had it signed off. No fine.
Fix it ticket for tinted windows? Yes, unless you fight it, go to court and show that either you ripped it off, or that it's legal in the state that you're registered in, and unless the judge sides with you(HAHA), it'll be dismissed. But you'd probably get a lecture from the judge that you should know the laws of the state that you're traveling through.

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Cops don't know everything. Friend of mine drives for a wholesaler on a dealer plate. In Jersey it's 1 plate(dealer tag), it's for transportation purposes. The plate is registered and insured, not the vehicle it's on, so in case anything happens, you're covered anyway. Cop pulled my buddy over because there was only 1 plate on it. That's all you're issued. It also says DEALER (DLR) on it. Gave him a ticket for having only 1 plate and no inspection sticker. No sticker is needed under a dealer plate. Cop was an idiot. Tickets were "taken care of', but it was still the point. Cops don't know everything, and they don't want to look stupid.
Yeah in Nevada its the plate not the rig. Thing is it was a Ranger not CHP or Cop. He did say he couldnt see my back plate cuz of the tint on the plate cover got close saw it and backed off. Also there is a trailer hitch on and I do know in Cali you cant have one on unless towing. Nothing major just little nit pick issues.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah in Nevada its the plate not the rig. Thing is it was a Ranger not CHP or Cop. He did say he couldnt see my back plate cuz of the tint on the plate cover got close saw it and backed off. Also there is a trailer hitch on and I do know in Cali you cant have one on unless towing. Nothing major just little nit pick issues.
Things like that opens the door for him to pull you over and feel you out. Happens alot in drug corridors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16