OnStar in the Middle East

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajmalian

Reaction score
So….OnStar….finally for the first time in the Middle East. What can I say, I haven’t had to use any of the emergency services as yet thankfully and hopefully never do…so let’s address the “Connected Drive” services or whatever it is OnStar calls it. Essentially what we have here that is somewhat useful is the remote key fob functions via your mobile device. I don’t know how it is in the USA, but here in Dubai it is sssssllllloooooowwwww!!! I mean I hit any button, be it lock, unlock, engine start or engine off, it takes anywhere between a minute to almost 3 minutes for the function to occur. As a matter of fact many a times the function may completely even fail. So I spoke to an OnStar rep today and asked them if this was normal to which typically as I anticipated, the answer was “It may be due to the network coverage in your area”. I mean what a load of BULL!! I’ve tried it everywhere and you know what it is just as slow as any other place. I’ve still not been able to locate my car on the app even once even though I’m standing right next to it.
Are the remote functions via cellphone just as slow in the US or is there hope for improvement here??

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cellphone lock/unlock/start functions worked instantly for me the couple times I used them here in the PNW

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to find out all the traffic is routed through servers elsewhere in the globe. Probably some network routing or firewall issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011