Once your car is delivered to the dealer, when do they typically have you come by to sign and then leave with your new car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One dealer I spoke with wanted to check your credit to make sure you could get financing before he would reserve you one that was in transit.
That's a BS move on the dealer's part, and NOT a requirement to purchase any vehicle.

Either they're trying to discourage you with a "credit check" to see if you're a serious buyer, or they told you that out of laziness not to place an order - thinking you'll go away.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a BS move on the dealer's part, and NOT a requirement to purchase any vehicle.

Either they're trying to discourage you with a "credit check" to see if you're a serious buyer, or they told you that out of laziness not to place an order - thinking you'll go away.
That's exactly what he told me, they didn't want their time wasted by someone who couldn't get financed.

OP
OP
F

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
That's exactly what he told me, they didn't want their time wasted by someone who couldn't get financed.

It’s a d*ck move on the dealers part, because unless they can deliver the car within 30 days they’re gonna have to pull your credit again.

I would never let a dealer run my credit to just be able to put a deposit down on a car that I won’t get months from now, to have them have to run my credit again to finance it. You can get your credit score on like a hundred places these days for free. That should suffice

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's arrogance on their part, and it gives you a clear indication what kind of dealership you're (potentially) working with. You'd be better off shopping elsewhere and exposing that dealership for the frauds they are.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's arrogance on their part, and it gives you a clear indication what kind of dealership you're (potentially) working with. You'd be better off shopping elsewhere and exposing that dealership for the frauds they are.
Luckily I had 2 in-transit Yukons held at 2 different dealers and decided to pass on this dealers sale, the dealer I purchased from just took a credit card number for a hold, no credit check needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9