OlED Cluster for 2023 Yukon Denali like escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A salesman at a dealer near me told me the 2023 Yukon denali was going to have that same setup as the new escalade with the Oled cluster. I'm wondering if he is making it up or has anyone else heard this. I'm about to order a 2022 but will for the 2023 if they are upgrading.

Last edited:

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’d be very cautious with having an OLED screen in a car, assuming you’re planning on owning it for the long haul. For the most part when you’re driving your screen isn’t changing what it displays (outside the speedometer) so you’ll probably end up having burn-in issues within a few years, specifically in areas where you’ll see one constant / fixed image.

This was a common problem with the OLED TVs that people were experiencing. For example if you’re not aware - let’s say you had on CNN or Fox News (can’t say I’m bias now haha) on your OLED TV and never turned it off, where it shows their brand logo that’s pretty much always shown on one part of your TV, after so many hours of that being displayed there that image actually burns into the screen, so when you’d change the channel you’ll slightly see the logo.

If you’re driving hours upon hours at a time it wouldn’t shock me the least if after a few years that’ll happen.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be very cautious with having an OLED screen in a car, assuming you’re planning on owning it for the long haul. For the most part when you’re driving your screen isn’t changing what it displays (outside the speedometer) so you’ll probably end up having burn-in issues within a few years, specifically in areas where you’ll see one constant / fixed image.

This was a common problem with the OLED TVs that people were experiencing. For example if you’re not aware - let’s say you had on CNN or Fox News (can’t say I’m bias now haha) on your OLED TV and never turned it off, where it shows their brand logo that’s pretty much always shown on one part of your TV, after so many hours of that being displayed there that image actually burns into the screen, so when you’d change the channel you’ll slightly see the logo.

If you’re driving hours upon hours at a time it wouldn’t shock me the least if after a few years that’ll happen.
I also read an interview with a GM engineer about this. They only expect the one in the Escalade to last about 10 years.

Shorrsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A salesman at a dealer near me told me the 2023 Yukon denali was going to have that same setup as the new escalade with the Oled cluster. I'm wondering if he is making it up or has anyone else heard this. I'm about to order a 2022 but will for the 2023 if they are upgrading.
I sold Oled TVs for years. The TVs we had on display would run the same promotional video over and over. Before the next model year was released, all most all the OLED TVs had burn in.
I wouldn't sell them and I suggest you dont buy one with an OLED display.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I preface this by saying Newer OLEDs have had a lot of the ghosting minimized, I have a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and a 2020 LG 65CX OLED and the tech is leaps and bounds better on the new set. I still don’t have any real ghosting on the 2015, my only complaint is the horrid near black/grays and heavy vignetting on the old set that isn’t present with the new. I play a bunch of FPS video games with a static HUD and have had no issues.
With that said, the auto oleds are going to be a ton more static than a news logo/stock ticker. I haven’t been in the new Escalade long enough to see if they have any mitigating technology like screen shifting where the stuff on the screen will move slightly every so often to control burn in.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I preface this by saying Newer OLEDs have had a lot of the ghosting minimized, I have a 2015 LG OLED 65EG9600 and a 2020 LG 65CX OLED and the tech is leaps and bounds better on the new set. I still don’t have any real ghosting on the 2015, my only complaint is the horrid near black/grays and heavy vignetting on the old set that isn’t present with the new. I play a bunch of FPS video games with a static HUD and have had no issues.
With that said, the auto oleds are going to be a ton more static than a news logo/stock ticker. I haven’t been in the new Escalade long enough to see if they have any mitigating technology like screen shifting where the stuff on the screen will move slightly every so often to control burn in.
I guess the one thing you don't have to really worry about with a car screen is that if something is static whenever your car is on and the screen is on, odds are if that image burns in, its not going to cause you any issues because it's not like anything else would be displayed there. If anything, when your car turns on and the screen loads where it usually starts off as all black except the car brand logo, you'll probably see whatever is burned in.

However, if you have burn-in on the main dashboard part where you can change the appearance, whether its to control apps, the radio or see the navigation...that is going to be a problem.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would note that if you're placing an order for a 2022, you may have only a small chance of getting the order accepted before 2022 order cutoff in the end of April/beginning of May; so you may be getting the 2023, OLED or not. If you can buy one off the lot, then you certainly have a better shot at getting a 2022.

OP
OP

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would note that if you're placing an order for a 2022, you may have only a small chance of getting the order accepted before 2022 order cutoff in the end of April/beginning of May; so you may be getting the 2023, OLED or not. If you can buy one off the lot, then you certainly have a better shot at getting a 2022.
I already looked can't find the one my wife wants. All good not in rush either way. I'll place the order Monday and see what happens.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m honestly suspect that they will do this. Denali fully loaded today still $10-12k less than similarly equipped Cadillac. Screens about the only real incentive to move to Cadillac. If they bring the screens to Denali..who would buy the Caddy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n