Old style, non J hook blade preference?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 with the older weird clips on my wipers, they seem to be finicky on the blade brand to avoid excessive chatter in light rain.

Any solid recommendations before I throw in the towel and buy the new style arms? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 with the older weird clips on my wipers, they seem to be finicky on the blade brand to avoid excessive chatter in light rain.

Any solid recommendations before I throw in the towel and buy the new style arms? Thanks
please provide a photo of what you referring to the J hook design has been the standard on these vehicles for at least the last 20 years

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that goofy hook style is a PITA. On my 2007 i had good luck with Trico and Bosch. I used Rain-X in a pinch once but they don’t last. In the selection guide at Autozone, I think they show two styles of hooks on the ‘08’s. Fortunately on my 2013, it’s a Standard j-hook.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theres a period I guess GM got creative. I think theres an old TSB to replace with J hooks, but not for free
My wife stopped at an O’reillys once with our 2007 and the store manager couldn’t figure out how to even remove the old wiper so he basically busted it into pieces and got it off, then he couldn’t figure out how to get the new one on. Fortunately he did this to the passenger side. He said maybe your husband can figure it out and wrapped the end of the arm with duct tape and sent her in her way home. I couldn’t believe it.

OP
OP
A

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give Bosch a try, rain-x are on now and are terrible. I had some a few years ago that were great, I dont think they are made anymore, none of the boxes or names ring a bell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA