OK, what is this and what does it do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
2006 Tahoe. This little button is in the roof of the truck above the rear seat. It's making a noise like a fan motor and I can't seem to control it... so what is it and what does it do?

Thanks!

WPNz1c.jpg

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have two, funny story about this, when I first got my 04 suburban I thought they were the microphones for the Bluetooth, so I kept talking into the one above me. Duh Headstrike. Anyway, they are only about 30 dollars at rock auto and are not hard to install. they usually don't last very long before starting to make the noise again.

OP
OP
A

aces-n-eights

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll hit it with some air and see if that quiets it down.

I'm having a few electrical gremlins that may or may not be connected. A few days ago I noticed the noise coming from the AC aspirator fan that I asked about above. I also noticed a whine thru the radio that changes with engine speed. My key fob won't lock/unlock the doors. Seems weird and unconnected...

I removed the battery cables to clean them - they were clean - and left the battery unhooked for about 15 minutes to perhaps re-boot the system. No changes to the gremlins.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll hit it with some air and see if that quiets it down.

I'm having a few electrical gremlins that may or may not be connected. A few days ago I noticed the noise coming from the AC aspirator fan that I asked about above. I also noticed a whine thru the radio that changes with engine speed. My key fob won't lock/unlock the doors. Seems weird and unconnected...

I removed the battery cables to clean them - they were clean - and left the battery unhooked for about 15 minutes to perhaps re-boot the system. No changes to the gremlins.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

They are cheap on amazon, I keep forgetting to install mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons