Ok so i have a huge dilemma......i need opinions from everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok do yall think it's a bad idea If were to swap vins with a 03 to an 04? Same body style 03 is a Chevrolet tahoe/burb z71 and the 04 is a gmc yukon xl slt. I have to pull the windshield on the 03 cause its heavily damaged and the 04 is perfect besides needing a good cleaning I am in the process of accruing the said 03 and I decided to just part out the 04(sorry fellas motor gone) anyways the reason I'm getting said 03 for so cheap is because no title but I have my 04 title and its technically still registered so if I were to repair/repaint the 03 the same color as the 04 and debadge the whole truck would yall even recognize that I swapped some things around and debaged it if I showed yall I've got 2 best friends that think I'm gonna get pulled over and shot for doing what im planning on doing......I've never had an issue b4 doing said vin swaps but ya never know somebody please give me some insight I wanna pick your brain about this topic thanks
Like others stated. Bad idea. Just do it right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WhiteWhale2004

WhiteWhale2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First and foremost I am trustworthy! Second this truck title is in an llc that was closed down it cant be pulled from that and IM NOT SELLING THE DAMN THING SO HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME UNTRUSTWORTHY? I find that if I have a clean tag and title from one suv and someone is going to sell me a suv for 500 dollars that has a messed up title? Who really wouldnt do what I'm doing especially since I live in ohio and the damn title bureau here is so damn complicated to deal with and these people there dont like helping anyone and half of the damn time they always mess up something on our titles

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I am trustworthy! Second this truck title is in an llc that was closed down it cant be pulled from that and IM NOT SELLING THE DAMN THING SO HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME UNTRUSTWORTHY? I find that if I have a clean tag and title from one suv and someone is going to sell me a suv for 500 dollars that has a messed up title? Who really wouldnt do what I'm doing especially since I live in ohio and the damn title bureau here is so damn complicated to deal with and these people there dont like helping anyone and half of the damn time they always mess up something on our titles

LOL Expedience makes right, huh? I can guess your politics.

Even aside from believing you can lock in the future, you want to get angry and claim that lying and cheating about your title make you "trustworthy(!)".

joe

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@WhiteWhale2004, you are fighting a losing battle. Repeated excuses will never make what you plan to do, RIGHT! There is no justification for what you asked about. You ASKED for opinions and you got them and then cry about the responses. Like Joe @homesick said, I can guess how you justify all your decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14