Ok so i have a huge dilemma......i need opinions from everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no patience for thieves. That is what he was gonna do. He asked for "approval" and tried to "justify" doing an illegal act. There are too many people out there, all over the USA, that get babied and think it is ok to break the law and steal and justify it for numerous reasons. I was waiting for him to say that he got ripped off somewhere in his past life and this is a form of reparations.
I didn't look at it as theft, myself. I thought it was more along the lines of fraud. Also, I figured he'd be the one that would be the most screwed by it. Those things said, I was asking if we were too harsh because we wanted to change a mind versus telling him how stupid we thought he was for doing this.

I guess the real question is whether we want to push people into the right decisions, or drive them away when they are suggesting hinky things. I agree with all the responses in this thread; but if we are going to push people away, may I suggest we warn the posters that illegal activity gets shut down quickly and harshly, so they might want to just delete their post?

This is one of, if not THE, nicest forum that I have had the blessing of being a part in my adult life. My preference is that even people with whom we disagree leave or stay with the same opinion.

In this specific case, it is obvious the OP needed the push to doing things right. It is also likely that wouldn't have happened with this transaction. But he wasn't negative like the guy that was seeking suspension advice. To me, that means the OP was open to other opinions, and might have come around over time.

Anyway, this is all my opinion, please don't read this as any kind of judgement -- several of you have far more life experience than me.

Thanks!

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't look at it as theft, myself. I thought it was more along the lines of fraud. Also, I figured he'd be the one that would be the most screwed by it. Those things said, I was asking if we were too harsh because we wanted to change a mind versus telling him how stupid we thought he was for doing this.

I guess the real question is whether we want to push people into the right decisions, or drive them away when they are suggesting hinky things. I agree with all the responses in this thread; but if we are going to push people away, may I suggest we warn the posters that illegal activity gets shut down quickly and harshly, so they might want to just delete their post?

This is one of, if not THE, nicest forum that I have had the blessing of being a part in my adult life. My preference is that even people with whom we disagree leave or stay with the same opinion.

In this specific case, it is obvious the OP needed the push to doing things right. It is also likely that wouldn't have happened with this transaction. But he wasn't negative like the guy that was seeking suspension advice. To me, that means the OP was open to other opinions, and might have come around over time.

Anyway, this is all my opinion, please don't read this as any kind of judgement -- several of you have far more life experience than me.

Thanks!
I agree....... Our forum has a lot of good 'preventative maintenance', ..and some may feel crossing your fingers, hoping nothing will break, is easier than spending time/money to service what hasn't broken YET...... As this idea to 'cheat' registration is similar...... " You may be OK for now", but in time, you may pay the price. We are good to give honest advice. That's why I like this forum.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Thanks!
The OP had already done this in the past. He had already convinced himself what he wanted to do was OK in his mind. He wanted justification from the forum, that we would do the same thing. NOT!

If this was the first time and he was really open to opinions, then at least he would be considered open minded to the right way to handle it. He was not open minded to it because, as I said, he had done it before. Even when he was being told NO, he was saying YES because of this or that. Not gonna waste my time on illegal activity.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I am trustworthy! Second this truck title is in an llc that was closed down it cant be pulled from that and IM NOT SELLING THE DAMN THING SO HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME UNTRUSTWORTHY? I find that if I have a clean tag and title from one suv and someone is going to sell me a suv for 500 dollars that has a messed up title? Who really wouldnt do what I'm doing especially since I live in ohio and the damn title bureau here is so damn complicated to deal with and these people there dont like helping anyone and half of the damn time they always mess up something on our titles
YA LOOKS SOOOOO HARD TO FILE SOME LEGIT OHIO PAPERWORK
CLAIMM.JPG

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve been a member since 2018 but I didn’t really start to get active until 2020 when I bought my most recent Gm suv. When I asked redundant questions , the responses definitely weren’t that nice and I recall one time I almost cursed a few people out and swore I was leaving. Hahaha but I bit my tongue and realized there are a lot of helpful people here. Just takes some warming up lol

Edit. At this point. You’re probably wondering what I’m babbling about. I mis read and thought you said it’s “not the nicest” lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a member since 2018 but I didn’t really start to get active until 2020 when I bought my most recent Gm suv. When I asked redundant questions , the responses definitely weren’t that nice and I recall one time I almost cursed a few people out and swore I was leaving. Hahaha but I bit my tongue and realized there are a lot of helpful people here. Just takes some warming up lol

Edit. At this point. You’re probably wondering what I’m babbling about. I mis read and thought you said it’s “not the nicest” lol
the op's post smells of something, can't quite put my finger on it yet.
I mean we all know there are multiple vin's stamped on the vehicle so even trying to do this is illegal, maybe nobody will never look that close but if they do your screwed and are at risk of a few things, legal repercussions such as loss of the vehicle, fines, loss of driving privileges, etc kind of really depends on the state law
for a little bit of money and effort it can be done legit.
it's sketchy at best
just getting a inspection alone or smog may reveal the trojan horse because the vin in the computer will not match the chassis

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ultimately I guess it is free world and we can all do as we please, but my opinion (that was asked for) may not have been the one that validated anything.
unless there is something illegal going on (which it sounds highly suspect) then there are perfectly legal ways to do it, be it a pita or not. It is a motor vehicle with a electronically traceable history, unless the dmv or a judge says it must be destroyed then there is way.
if for some reason it is not in the dmv computer then normally it can be inspected and registered.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say 2 things:

1. Don't advertise it on media
2. You've done it in the past. It's just a piceof metal with 4 wheels so just do what you want.

I personally am not against it for personal use and if I were to keep it forever. Letting GOVT control your life is stupid. If you were in the business of screwing people over by reselling, etc then I'd say you need to check your conscience.

Again, sheet metal that is identical to what you already have, with tires under it. It's also 20 years old. Who gives a rip.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP had already done this in the past. He had already convinced himself what he wanted to do was OK in his mind. He wanted justification from the forum, that we would do the same thing. NOT!

If this was the first time and he was really open to opinions, then at least he would be considered open minded to the right way to handle it. He was not open minded to it because, as I said, he had done it before. Even when he was being told NO, he was saying YES because of this or that. Not gonna waste my time on illegal activity.
The answer you gave is why I asked -- thank you!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm glad you reread. One of the many good things about members here. You guys have been really nice to me when I've misread. Multiple times...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345