Oil cooler hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
So while giving the 'Hoe its daily inspection I discovered one of the oil cooler hoses was leaking. Looks like a pretty simple fix but want to see if anybody has any advice or tips.

I'm going to replace both lines and fittings. Also going to replace the o-ring on the filter adapter. And from what I have read, the Dorman lines are preffered over OEM.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i just ventured the oil cooler lines and my line was good
but it was leaking at the nut at the oil filter housing
so when U replace them u can get new nuts for the lines and they come with new o rings and a new clip that hold the like in to the housing
and the nuts are like 6 bucks each
and theres a bult that holds the lines in place
remove it so u can move the line back and forth so u dont have to fight it
u will see
good luck and its SUPER easy!

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Do you know what size those fittings? Probably the same size as the heater hoses on the manifold.

Anyway...Kragen didn't have the lines in stock and their warehouse has them on order. One of the guys said I was about the second person in 3 years to ask for them.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do u have a napa auto around u?

they have them in stock for about 20 bucks a line and 6 bucks for the fitting

the size idk? they should have a parts book

95tahoe

Reaction score
im not much help on the sizes but its really simple to do. i got the oil filter housing gasket kit to. comes with a new o-ring and the gaskets. my lines came with new clips but used the old nuts. didnt get new ones just cleaned them up with some starting fluid.

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
I got Kragen, AutoZone and NAPA all by the house. They're all less than 3mins away.

AutoZone had them both in stock, upper and lower, $22 each. I am not going to do new fittings, I know if I try and get them off they will break. Broke them off an intake manifold and water pump before, they are made out of cheap pot metal.

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
So, $105 for new lines, oil adapter seal kit and an oil change with Mobil1 filter and synthetic oil. Here are the part numbers for future reference.

Dorman oil cooler lines, upper & lower:
625-136
625-135

Fel-Pro oil filter seal kit:
FEL ES72671

OP
OP
haks310

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, hoses went from $18.99 at Kragen to $23.99 at AutoZone.
Gasket kit, $9.99 filter, $12.99; 5qts of oil, $23.99