OEM Tail Light Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, for my second post here I have a question

I'm probably gonna bail on my tail lights that came on my 05 Yukon I just bought...they're a smoked euro style that says "Crystal Eyes" on em

I'm not really one for aftermarket tail lights (I don't think) so I'm probably gonna slap some OEM ones back on

my question is what is the difference with the tail lights I see that are essentially all red except the reverse and turn signal lights and the ones that are the same thing but have a black outline in between each light?

is it a Denali thing? And if so will they fit a standard Yukon? I like the ones with the black outline and if need be I can essentially make some with the black outline I guess

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
It's not a Denali thing although they have them as well. I don't recall which models exactly had them and which didn't but I can promise you they fit. You can also look into the LED tails that aren't as extreme as some of the other ones.

picture.jpg

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, for my second post here I have a question

I'm probably gonna bail on my tail lights that came on my 05 Yukon I just bought...they're a smoked euro style that says "Crystal Eyes" on em

I'm not really one for aftermarket tail lights (I don't think) so I'm probably gonna slap some OEM ones back on

my question is what is the difference with the tail lights I see that are essentially all red except the reverse and turn signal lights and the ones that are the same thing but have a black outline in between each light?

is it a Denali thing? And if so will they fit a standard Yukon? I like the ones with the black outline and if need be I can essentially make some with the black outline I guess

The OEM lights with the black outline are from the 04-06 Tahoes,Yukons and Denali's.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill sell you my stockers so I can get some LEDs like Effeckt's:D
They arent black outlined but you can easily tape it off and paintem. Check out forum member Eagle. He did and it looks factory.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
could you post a pic? I might be willing to trade you my stock 04 tails for those aftermarket tails.

OP
OP
HedleyLamarr

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
these are what's on it right now....I'd consider a trade, though someone would be out of tail lights for a couple days and have to rely on old school hand signals like you learned when you got your first BMX and the cops might not remember them

the more I look at them, I'm starting to dig the LED ones too...I might be a candidate for them as well

I just know I'm not a fan of what I have now

Attachments

• taillight.jpg
    taillight.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 41

saturday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali came with some ricer shit like that too. everyone gives me shit. but next weekend im gonna smoke them. i think they may look bad ass after that. I dont have any pics right now, but i can take some. I like those LEDs Effeckt has. Ultimately I want something like those.

:mexsmoke:

OP
OP
HedleyLamarr

HedleyLamarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well I pulled the trigger and got the same LED's as Effeckt....got the smoked ones and they wound up looking pretty badass on a black truck, if I do say so myself

so I guess now, if anyone liked the ones I had on it, they're for sale...they're a little more smoked looking than what the pic came out as...not bad lights, just not my style

Shorty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not a Denali thing although they have them as well. I don't recall which models exactly had them and which didn't but I can promise you they fit. You can also look into the LED tails that aren't as extreme as some of the other ones.

picture.jpg
I like these ebay specials they look great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz