OEM Leather Seatcovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call one of the dealers that runs one of the many online parts web sites like GM Parts Direct or Malouf Chevy and have them look them up by the VIN. Unfortunately, they’re probably discontinued being a rare color but it’s worth a phone call. The OEM leather is far superior in fitment to anything aftermarket.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call one of the dealers that runs one of the many online parts web sites like GM Parts Direct or Malouf Chevy and have them look them up by the VIN. Unfortunately, they’re probably discontinued being a rare color but it’s worth a phone call. The OEM leather is far superior in fitment to anything aftermarket.

Yeah that's not true...I have CFI leather in my Tahoe and it is far better quality than the OEM leather. For starters, the OEM covers include far less actual leather...but the standard CFI leather covers (they offer an upgraded leather they call "ecstasy leather") are comparable in quality to the leather in the 2015 XTS platinum I had at the time I installed them. Fitment is the same. The CFI leather is even holding up better over time. It's even more pronounced with other automakers like FCA - I swapped the factory covers in my wife's Wrangler for Katzkin and the difference in quality was almost hilarious...There were a grand total of TWO panels of ACTUAL leather on each front seat and ONE PANEL of actual leather in each position on the rear bench...and if I didn't perform the objective "test" on each panel you'd never guess the OEM stuff even was actual leather when you laid the Katzkin cover next to it.

The only concern with going aftermarket is matching the factory stuff...so make sure you get samples...but you may very well run into a problem with the aftermarket leather looking much better than the factory leather which will lead you to spending a ton of money to redo the ENTIRE interior like I did.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he is talking about fitment.

So am I - thing is that fitment is only one part of the equation. You can have covers made from heavy gauge garbage bags that fit 100% as well as stock - but they would still be terrible. You can't focus only on fitment and ignore the fact that the good aftermarket covers are MUCH higher quality than OEM - especially when we're talking about, at worst, VERY minor fitment issues...usually none at all. I've done three interiors using CFI's products and two using Katzkin and I have had, over ALL of those installs, ONE fitment issue...and it took about 3 minutes to remedy. Even if I couldn't have made it perfect, I wouldn't have cared at all, cause holy crap the difference that leather made...its a whole different league.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be easily impressed them because Katzkin is garbage, especially their material. They do not hold up at all they do seem to fit ok though. But they probably are better than anything FCA puts in.

Last edited:

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be easily impressed them because Katzkin is garbage. They do not hold up at all. But they probably are better than anything FCA puts in.

No I just happen to be well versed in leather products with decades of experience. Katzkin will outlast factory leather, no question.

Secondly, as I noted, the factory FCA leather is a joke, but GM's stuff is barely better...even in Cadillacs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907