OEM Front Springs part# or RPO code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on pulling off the stock OEM Mag ride struts and replacing for Bilstein struts and buy new pieces to complete the strut assembly.

Question is what front coil spring came on the Premium Smooth Ride package? I thought it was RPO code ZW7 but I cannot find that code linked to any non-Mag ride springs.

I am seeing about half dozen non-Mga ride coil springs to choose from

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't want to check all years from 2015 to 2020. Try posting your vehicle info. Why is this so hard for some members to do. If you go in a shop for work that is the first questions, year/make/model/engine size....etc. Put the info in your signature, please.

I don't mind helping, even if I own a 2002 Tahoe LT, but I am not gonna check every year just to see if there is any difference between a year or two.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my info wont help because I want to remove my MAG ride suspension for a non-MAG ride suspension. I want to find the proper coil spring made for a Non-MAG ride suspension

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I answered your response in the PM. Also in the response earlier, here at this thread. In the long run it may not make a difference but I want to start out with at least a little bit of info. Unless of course you are building a display to roll in on a cart to show a tech school crowd.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 Suburban Premier
5.3L

1GNSKJKC0JR348160,2018,CK15906,05,18,06,VZHW14, AG2 AN3 ARL AXP AYQ CJ4 C6H DL3 EF7 FHO GXG H2X IO6 I18 JD9 L83 MAH MYC NP5 NTB QST RC4 RUF SGK TC2 UDD UQS U2K V8D WMJ X88 Z95 1LZ 4AA 6ZS 7ZR 8X2 9X2,121V,,,,

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steve did you ever figure this out?
I ordered bilstein 5100's for my fronts on my yukon xl denali and need delete springs as well.
My RPO codes are 6ZS & 7ZR.

I accidentally order two #23312164 which come up as the left spring for my RPO but are right springs for RPO 7ZR. This makes no sense to me

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve did you ever figure this out?
I ordered bilstein 5100's for my fronts on my yukon xl denali and need delete springs as well.
My RPO codes are 6ZS & 7ZR.

I accidentally order two #23312164 which come up as the left spring for my RPO but are right springs for RPO 7ZR. This makes no sense to me
I have not exactly. I am seeing multiple springs all listed as being part of the same RPO but I do know there is a left and right side part number so I would think two springs of the same side my react differently. Usually I have been seeing 6ZR and 7ZR so having one side a 7ZR and the other side 6ZS seems odd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also questioning which springs should I use. I have a set of springs from a 6ZR/7ZR codes as well as 6SH/7SF code. I question what the spring stiffness is between the two. Would my Magneride coil spring pair better with non Magneride shocks or just stick with the non-Magneride shocks with non-Magneride coil springs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish