Odometer/mileage/etc. screen is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Ok, I know there are other "cluster" topics, but I didn't see one just about this. The only thing out on mine is the display that tells you, among other things, your odometer reading. It's just dead, blank, nada, nothing. Randomly quit working. I DO NOT want to buy a new cluster; Scottyboy just redid all of my gauges with LED's and stepper motors and that would all turn into a trashcan of money I just wasted.

So, the question:

What can I do to fix it? Is there a bulb I can replace, a unit, anything? GM really made these clusters a cluster **** (ha!) because if one thing goes wrong their solution is to buy a totally new cluster, and that's stupid.

Someone please tell me how to fix this for cheap....I have no money and no job at the moment so it's either not getting fixed or a DIY project.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

:emotions33:

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Mine is going out to but its only flickering so im going to wait till the unit fully craps the bed and since my speedo acts funny and my oil pressure gauge sticks im just gonna get a rebuilt unit. Kind of sucks because the truck only has 70k but whatever. Heres a link to the youtube vid that should help you a little. There is a better vid on youtube I just couldnt find it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PQ-x11Vjng

Last edited:
OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It's a bit older model and different setup than what I've got, but I'll take a look at it.

All of my research so far has pretty much said I need a new cluster. I can't believe that after what we went through to get the LED's all functional.

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Man im betting that the solder is the culprit. Just my guess but when you figure it out let me know.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still can't believe this happened after putting all new stepper motors and LEDs in that cluster too. :rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia