Odd Audio Issues - Bass Seems to cut out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rogueballastics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, to Preface - I have an 07' Yukon with an old aftermarket kenwood DDX812. the audio does consistently work, but it seems the "bass" to it drops and the audio becomes flat and basically only podcasts are bearable to listen to the speakers with. But sometimes the bass does come on (when its warm usually) and the stereo randomly will cut out for a few seconds like its changing modes or something. I've researched the head unit many many times and doesn't seem to be a software issue. I've removed the head unit and looked for any disconnected wiring and my god there was a lot, I checked though and any blow fuses back there and didn't see anything. I also don't have turn signal sounds and my steering wheel audio controls are completely disabled. The reverse camera did work but seems to no longer after I did a factory reset. I don't know why this may be relevant but I have bench seats upfront, middle and rear. No center console, so I don't think I have a BOSE sound system plus it doesn't say Bose on anything. I do have a mic accessory and GPS too if that makes a difference. The audio often has no bass then any other time. Im desperate for any help. Thanks!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had an issue where the bass used to cut out alot too. Turned out 1 of my wires going to my box was frayed. Fixed that and now it hits hard. That doesn't seem to be your issue. Are you sure the amp is good? I had an amp that the board the rca was soldered to was cracked, causing a similar issue as yours too. Power lead good? If it was mine, I'd just rip it out and just start over. I don't think you want to hear that, but at least you'll know if it's right or not.

OP
OP
R

Rogueballastics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that’s my next thought is the amp, which is factory so I gotta start looking for where that is and check it out. I’m open for my suggestions but I have debated getting a factory head unit and swapping it back in but I don’t want to spend a lot too

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah that’s my next thought is the amp, which is factory so I gotta start looking for where that is and check it out. I’m open for my suggestions but I have debated getting a factory head unit and swapping it back in but I don’t want to spend a lot too
I've read the factory amps do sometimes go bad, especially the Bose--which you don't have. Just rip it out and start over.

OP
OP
R

Rogueballastics

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've read the factory amps do sometimes go bad, especially the Bose--which you don't have. Just rip it out and start over.
Well I searched my vehicles RPO codes and it doesn’t show to have an amp so... I have no idea

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a similar issue intermittently, the bass completely stops as well as some vehicle sound such as blinker clicking noise. I have stock Bose system in '08 Denali. I really have no clue of what my issue is, usually after a couple times turning a car on and off it fixes itself. I have to assume the amp is cutting in and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts